Jenquai Shield Capacities

Hello,

I don't know if this has been ever asked so i'll make it brief,The Jenquai shields all seem a bit on the low side is there a strategic reason for this?

Also some of the lower engines and higher engines are basicly the same speed?

Edited by Noreastor58

Each race has a weakness, Jenquai's weakness is that they get the weakest shields & hulls.  Progen weakness is engine, Terrans' weakness is reactors.

Each race also has a racial strength.

Progen = Shields & Hulls

Terran = Engines and can use equipment from all races

Jenquai = Reactors, stealthy ships.

Because all races have good techs and bad techs.  Terrans have  good engines and bad reactors.  Progen have good shields and bad engines.  Jenquai have good reactors and bad shields.  The bad techs only go up to level 8.

Now there are supposed to be compensations for each race to make up for the deficiency.  In the Jenquai's case, it is cloak.  Once you get combat cloak you should get hit very infrequently.  Fire, cloak, wait for your beams to recharge and repeat.  Use this time to get behind your target.  This does require energy, but then, Jenquai's have the best reactors.

There are much more detailed strategy guides out there, take a look... or devise your own strategy.

In EA Live, I used to joke that the Jennies needed a shield called The Maginot Line.

Yeah, was pretty useless, I guess the French never considered the possibility of the Germans simply going around it. 

I'd say leave the shields alone. BUT..

Lets get a couple of Low to high level devices to Improved/Enhanced, Environmental Shield, Shield Leech, Energy Leech and Reactor Optimization.

Pair those up with a couple of the other Jenquai Skills/Techs and they would be deadly.

IV

The Hercules line of devices gives a buff to Environment Shield.   They were around in EnB Origins, I'd suspect here too, but I don't remember if I found them during ST3 or ST4.  I wouldn't mind seeing a buff to Reactor Optimization, though I'd suspect that such a buff would increase duration, reduce energy use, or reduce power up time.  I doubt that it would increase the reactor buff inherent in the skill, may make it too powerful.