Minotaurs at SE and Praetorious involved

A few hours earlier my PW took 2 combat jobs at the same nav in SE, and now Praetorius has a problem with it. Evidently I am guilty of leaving the mobs there and coming back a few hours later to finish them off with a JE seeing as the PW couldn't get the job done. Now what did I do wrong in this scenario. They were minotaurs by the way. GM or DEV check the logs.

There would be no problem if the minotaurs would not attack every one that came to that nav for jobs I have been attacked by them in se when doing jobs. And if you can't kill them ask for some help but dont leave your trash about and expect every one to be happy fighting your mob and their mob trying to get out with their hull intact.

I was caught out by this the other week - minotaurs go down slowly - so I forfeited thinking they would go away.  They don't.  Some pals noticed and smacked them for me.  Lesson learned.  Don't do minotaur missions, and if you do ask for help to kill them (and you still get the mission reward if you shoot first.

I was caught out by this the other week - minotaurs go down slowly - so I forfeited thinking they would go away.  They don't.  Some pals noticed and smacked them for me.  Lesson learned.  Don't do minotaur missions, and if you do ask for help to kill them (and you still get the mission reward if you shoot first.

I believe Zachman has stated in a recent patch note that the mission mobs don't take damage until the mission taker shoots.  So he no longer needs to shoot first in order to get the mission reward.

I believe Zachman has stated in a recent patch note that the mission mobs don't take damage until the mission taker shoots.

So, this would mean that if someone's job MOB starts shooting it you, you can't even defend yourself? 

There have been times that I've warped into a nav to kill my own job MOB and pressed 'e' and the MOB type I was after was targeted.  I started firing only to notice that it was for someone else.  Oops.  But now I have 2 of the same MOB types shooting at me.  If, however, I didn't do any damage, would the other MOB attack me?

So, this would mean that if someone's job MOB starts shooting it you, you can't even defend yourself?

What would you pay Zackman if you figure out he was smart enough to make mission mobs not aggroing at anyone and not taking any damage from anyone until/unless the mission taker "opens" the mob with the first shot?  :D 

• Upvote 1

OK, your really smart!  Where do I send the check?  :-)

Is it possible/worthwhile to make job MOBs disappear after a set amount of time?  I have seen mobs for a certain person for hours one night.  I came back the next afternoon and they were still there.

Would it be unreasonable to expect jobs to be completed within say 2 hours, or 6? 

It would be nice to say they disappear if you log off, however that currently happens, unintentionally, a little too often.

An expiration timer if at all possible, in my instance I took the Job and couldn't finish and had to log off, so I figured I will bring some help later on, however if they had an expiration timer on them like GenghisBob suggested, it would be awesome and would stop further misunderstandings. Is it at all possible to have them expire (despawn) after a certain time. Wait yes it is most likely possible, rather would it be feasible to implement such a mechanism?

Well then, either it quit working a week or so ago, until a reboot or the same guy got the same MOBs at the same locations at least 4 times in 3 hrs and then again the next day.

I was not exaggerating when I said I saw the same job MOBs at the same 3 locations in Primus (3 level 42 MOBs)  for the same guy for at least 3 hrs one evening and then again the next afternoon.

I was doing satellite jobs and hit those navs at least a dozen times and they were always there.  They didn't fire at me, but seeing a level 42 MOB gets your attention...

Thanks a lot!  :-)

It wasn't a huge bother as long as they didn't kill you, but now I won't have to see "Target Zenshi Knight for Killerjoe at 102, -32" a dozen times a night.

40 minutes.  Is that from the time you take the job or from the time that the MOB spawns?

One last question, is it possible/worthwhile to make to MOB disappear if the job is forfeited?  Just a thought...