Looting and Camera

Jem

Often when fighting or mining I like to keep the camera zoomed out and a lil up to give a better view of my surroundings. The problem is though when I loot an item and it comes into contact with my Hull/ Cargo, the camera dips back to Home view 1-4 times, thereby shaking my whole view and other targets around me. Is this an intended effect? Does it mean that other viewing angles are only for show, and not use? Can it be set so the camera does not dip/zoom back and forth rubberband like with every item looted?

That check box has been unchecked since I started, have had all the camera boxes there unchecked, for quite a while. When its on, it moves the camera for the whole looting process; from the corpse, all the way to hull/ cargo. The problem I have when its unchecked, is only at the end of the loot beam when the item is about to enter my cargo; it shakes the camera back to home view then back out to the view I normally use 1 to 4 times quickly.

To get the view I use Hold shift and drag the mouse back and inch or two, then hold Ctrl and slide mouse again back a lil bit.

Seems to me its something like lag.

I've seen it sometimes when i loot or mine ores....

Looks like it takes a few tries to get the tractored item on cargo Instead of disappearing at once.

Probably thats what causing your camera to shake in and out.

Often when fighting or mining I like to keep the camera zoomed out and a lil up to give a better view of my surroundings. The problem is though when I loot an item and it comes into contact with my Hull/ Cargo, the camera dips back to Home view 1-4 times, thereby shaking my whole view and other targets around me. Is this an intended effect? Does it mean that other viewing angles are only for show, and not use? Can it be set so the camera does not dip/zoom back and forth rubberband like with every item looted?

I saw this, it happens whenever an object comes in the proxymity of the ship - can't do anything as it is purely client based.

Whats happening is the assets of some of the objects is have the same effect as if you were

to pull in front of another ship or NAV beacon, both your ship and the object share the same 3D space.

When this happens the camera (client?) pulls forward and zooms in, and back out again when you or

the other object move out of the space that your sharing.

The tractoring of loot, ore and some incoming missiles or Projectiles moving at their fast speed cause the

camera to move back and fourth rapidly.

The only thing I'm thinking is that some of the objects may be Static or dynamic and disappear when they

get to the point of the code that tells it to inflict damage or is looted.

Then again I could be talking out of my Butt. :)