Vender Level Tags

bubblehead

[quote name='Dakynos' timestamp='1354153345' post='67435']
One thing that may eventually be possible is to differentiate the flags of the vendor levels, while still staying 'in character.' That however is a low priority and I have heard of no success with that so far.
[/quote]

Now that idea I like alot.

I would like this as well, and I think the best way to do this would be to add a discrete number representing the level of the components sold somewhere on the posters on the front of the vendors booth. This may not be possible though since I don't know if the booth graphic models programmed into the client is flexible enough to cover all levels.
Maybe that's what you mean by "flags of the vendor levels".

For the players that have been playing Earth and Beyond for a looong time,
We should know where the Primary Level venders are especially if your a builder. (I don't) :)

I'll suggest, a mouse over level display.
Or what I have, a Galaxy map over my monitors with the stations and venders Level at each station.

Yeah, this data is included in the net-7 database and any player/builder is able to learn what vendor sells what level item very quickly. I can see where this could be annoying to new players but I don't think that the annoyance level rises to the level that devs should even look at seeing if any modification is possible. This is especially true since there can be no modification of the game client.

IE: Use the net-7 database, list the info in your captain's log, or learn the vendors.

[quote name='Crichton' timestamp='1354562548' post='67845']
Yeah, this data is included in the net-7 database and any player/builder is able to learn what vendor sells what level item very quickly. I can see where this could be annoying to new players but I don't think that the annoyance level rises to the level that devs should even look at seeing if any modification is possible. This is especially true since there can be no modification of the game client.

IE: Use the net-7 database, list the info in your captain's log, or learn the vendors.
[/quote]

Doing this type of thing would not require modding the client any more than adding the three other classes did.

• 1 month later...
One thing that may eventually be possible is to differentiate the flags of the vendor levels, while still staying 'in character.' That however is a low priority and I have heard of no success with that so far.

The brown banners with a number, arabic or roman, FTW.

It cant be that hard, but I can see that it may not be that important, either. ;)