Net 7 Portal

I have been meaning to ask this question for a while now. Why is when whoever is working on the Net 7 portal and takes it down at midnight EST, you cannot launch the client and get logged into the play server? All you get is null errors.

I had heard a while ago that they had planned to fix this stuff, but nothing since. I was curious if those fixes were still pending or if this login issue (which has only been recent) is because of them?

This isnt a Portal Issue, we think we know what is causing it and are taking steps to resolve it.

Shouldnt effect you logging in to game... they are on totally seperate servers.

And just because you cant see a post saying we are working on it, doesnt mean we are not...... :)

Trust me, its in hand...

I was thinking it has to be tied with the portal, because the portal is where you check on server status. When the portal goes down for maintanance or whatever reason at 12 a.m. EST, the client side has no where to check for server status, so you get the null error for checking server status. They may be seperate servers but our clients are pointing to the portal somehow, especially since the portal has to be connected to the server to show status and update item drops and such.

^ See above. I've been trying to figure out exactly what is causing it but something is killing all of our sites in IIS and therefore DNS. This is why you can't find it. A temporary workaround for you would be to use this in place of the existing server address in the launcher: 74.208.192.215

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1345066377' post='61820']
^ See above. I've been trying to figure out exactly what is causing it but something is killing all of our sites in IIS and therefore DNS. This is why you can't find it. A temporary workaround for you would be to use this in place of the existing server address in the launcher: 74.208.192.215
[/quote]

I tried this but I still am unable to log.
When I press "Play" the launcher vanishes as usual but the client does not start nor does the proxy-icon appear.

I am open to suggestions.

Update:
Edited the host file to see if that would help.
No luck.
Started the launcher in debug mode.
Again no luck
The launcher also fails to resolve patch.net-7.org. Is this patch.net-7.org somehow needed to get the game started? Edited by TheLostDissiple