Client Login Crashes

Howdy all, DaddyWarbucks here,

I am having touble getting logged back into the game, as the client crashes immediately after trying to check my password.

I have done all the steps in faq, reupdated the client, and i am getting frustrated with it. Debug also has no effect. I had reset my admin permissions to log on earlier, logged off. Now I have reset them again to no effect. All of these issues are since the patch yesterday.

Suggestions I will gladly take.

Thanks.

DaddyWarbucks

I run the game on three machines and this happens on one of them, all have Vista but i noticed the problem PC has the net-7 folder in c:\program files\net-7\bin and the other two in c:\net-7\bin, could this have something to do with it?

[quote name='Rezwalker' timestamp='1342814069' post='60679']
I run the game on three machines and this happens on one of them, all have Vista but i noticed the problem PC has the net-7 folder in c:\program files\net-7\bin and the other two in c:\net-7\bin, could this have something to do with it?
[/quote]
I suppose.. although mine is in c:\net-7\bin like your computers that work. I plan to try re-installing the launcher later when I am done with school work. Will post results then.

All of you try going to the game's folder under "\Data\client\mixfiles" find and delete all files with the .th6 extension. Then completely restart the game and see if you still fail to get in.

Worked....I have a small flash drive in C slot and had altered the wrong version initially. Hit the blue arrow and boom, right in. Thanks Kyp. Edited by Gordo

It works to get me into the game, however, it will not let me log in a secondary account. It crashes out again the same way as it did before I removed the th6 extension files ... *shrugs*

Sorry, no clue there. Those files would be reused if on the same computer, and would have nothing to do if it's being launched from a different PC, in fact that was the main reason to prevent them from being downloaded, after all. :).

I can't say as I have ever tried to log two accounts though, not really sure where to point you.

Okay, remove all the th6 files, cannot log in. I have tried running as administrator, with De-Bug enabled and don't know what else to try...any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Okay, after many attempts, deleting the th6 files over and over, I enabled De-Bug, Packet Optimisation, ran the configurator and lowered my resolution to 1024 x 768 and managed to get into the game. Dunno if anything I did made a difference or if it was just random chance....but I'm in now and mining with Jamis :) Edited by Gordo

The client generates those on startup only, if its not doing it, I have no clue why. Unfortunately without them you won't be able to load up the game.

Those files act as a Table of Contents for the mixfiles so the client can quickly access what is mapped in the .ini files.

By everything can you give more detail? Have you tried reinstalling the game client from scratch?

Something is definitely wrong. How about trying to run the ENBCONFIG.exe from teh game folder?

K, i got in and heres what i did. I went to program files, EA games, release folder, opened the client.exe properties and changed the compatability from windows 2000 to windows XP. I dont know why this worked since i have Vista, But it got me in!

Removing the .th6 files got me something else. When I ran the launcher after it, it went fine, I hit play, and then I got the agree/disagree on the EULA, so I hit agree, and then poof, nothing further.

Uninstalled, and reinstalling now.