Xp Debt With Jumpstarts?

Maybe this has always been and I have just not noticed it, but why is there XP Debt if a player has been successfully jumpstarted? In live if a player was jumpstarted, they avoided the debt imposed by station repairs. It seems that now if you must chose to tow or find a jumpstart, both options give the same result... debt. So why would someone now wait for a jumpstart?

Perhaps I am remebering incorrectly, but one of the good wills a guild could offer in live was to jumpstart a toon in need by clearing the mob if needed to ensure a successful jumpstart is given.

I did a search and found nothing so this may be accepted EMU behavior. Any thoughts on returning it back to the way it was in live or is it working better now in your opinion?

You are remembering incorrectly. All JS does is [b]reduce[/b] the amount experience debt you obtain, up to 49% I believe with a level 7 JS.

JS doesn't completely eliminate XP debt, but at max level it reduces your XP debt by 49%.

Edit: Looks like Kyp hit reply before I could. Also there's a device called the Ebony Ward that has a buff of reduce XP debt, along with deflects to Explosive & Psionic. It's a non-manufacturable device, don't know if it currently drops anywhere, but I found one during hulkfest.

For XP debt reduction at the time of incapacitation there is also the Tactical Advantage device, Agrippa build, Level 7, 8 and 9, with 10%, 20% and 30% reduction, respectively.

Only 8 and 9 are tradeable, but they are in game currently.

There were several reporting that the Martyr's heart somehow went off the cliff in between the time David and I moved the sunrise server.

But as this guy says:

[img]http://finecooks.com/images/s400/vizzini.jpg[/img]

Inconceivable!

---

Mainly because I'm not aware of any code changes that could have occurred in the meantime; however, they said they would report it on the tracker for me.

Just for the record, the lvl 8 Ebony Ward ( +30.0 Explosive Deflect when equipped, +30.0 Psionic Resist when equipped, Reduces XP Debt accrued at time of incapacitation by 14.7% when equipped. ) is set to drop, but in a closed sector at this time I believe.