Net7-Login

Hello,

this is probably a double post as I did not read the last paragraph in the news section - sorry!
To the new net-7 webpage:
Is it just me or does it not really use the forums accound yet? (Login to forum works, login to net-7 with the same data does not work)

Working for me!

Delete all cookies from your browser, close browser, restart, visit N-7.

You should be NOT logged in yet.
Login with forum credentials.

hm.. strange - it's now working but only after i reset my password. then I changed it to my old one again and it failed.
I assume some special characters might not be allowed in the password system of net-7 but work for the forums passwords.

The login for Net7 uses your login details for this site. The exact username and password.

Ill look into it but I cant see why you would not be able to log in if you could log in here.

hi, as i said - it works now after i rest the password. I really think it was because I had a special char in my old password and amybe this has not been accepted by the login system.

Beside this thing, I really want to congratulate you on the new features and especially the cook book. The implementation is great.
Thanks a lot to all who are responsible for that!

[quote name='odin78' timestamp='1330727633' post='54696']hi, as i said - it works now after i rest the password. I really think it was because I had a special char in my old password and amybe this has not been accepted by the login system.[/quote]What special symbol (if it's not a secret)?

His old PIN possibaly had a special symbol not his new, so shouldn't be a secret :), the old system might have allowed something in the PIN $string that now don't, sometimes in older login software there was characters you could put in that didn't show in the string like the upper case of the number keys, this was a OLD programmers trick :), as well as line code numbered 0 that had to be removed for a program to run etc. like I said old..does that show my age? hehe

no - it's not a secret. there i used the "!". sorry for not mention it sooner ;)

as the server script interacts with the database it might be possible that special characters (! " % ; etc) are escpaed so it is not possible to inject anything into used sql statements. this might differ from account management system to account management system. E.g. I was not able to use the ! for the game account passwords. I think this was the reason why not all passwords that worked on the forum could be used for the game accounts. Edited by odin78

[quote name='odin78' timestamp='1330772012' post='54758']
no - it's not a secret. there i used the "!". sorry for not mention it sooner ;)[/quote]
Ok tracked it down. IP.Board does some bad voodoo to user input. ! for example gets replaced with ! i.e. something that was put in place after they discovered their code allows html/sql injections.

I saw 11 substitutes. Dont know about others, but ! in password should work after push.

[quote name='odin78' timestamp='1330772012' post='54758']
as the server script interacts with the database it might be possible that special characters (! " % ; etc) are escpaed so it is not possible to inject anything into used sql statements.[/quote]yeah there is too many broken apps like that. they have their sql queries soo messed up that they need to sanitize user input before it goes to db, instead of letting db escape the string once so it's safe to use in query.