Storyline In The Game

Hi, i was just wondering about this game's storyline. Sometimes I talk to some npcs that talk about their story or part of the history that has gone on in this game. In live I know the last thing was the v'rix and possibly the mordana were coming in the upcoming patches?(never came) I also know about the janus documents, how much more storyline and content is there to add from these documents. Saying of course from the cut off at live.

I feel that the game's storyline was the most interesting part of the game, as of now its really missing. Some parts are still there and you can get a glimpse of it, but the overall storyline is missing.

I was hoping some Devs could chime in on this subject so I and others could get a clear understanding of this topic. Thank you

storyline content in live was usually related to the maelstroms or the vrix and since those don't exist in the emu, we can't recreate those missions. The emu storyline is set to the spot right after the Gate War which is kind of this awkward period of very few things going on. The races are expanding with development of sectors like Kailaasa, Antares, Roc, the castor system, the proxima centauri system and the altair system. Part of the storyline limbo is due to our storyline NPCs saying conflicting things, some mention things that haven't happened yet.

As a development team we need to spend more time on getting our main NPCs up to speed on the current events. We also need to add storyline missions and give NPCs more personality. Storyline is one of those things we want to slowly work into the game but haven't really sat down and worked on yet. It's difficult because we don't remember a lot of storyline before the vrix came. We kind of have to improvise and I don't think we're on the same page yet. It's something to keep in mind but it gets trumped by things like broken hull upgrades, missing items and empty/boring sectors.
  • Upvote 1

yes, we're definitely still trying to get the server together - the storyline that exists now is a skeleton provided by the changing missions you can pick up. Once we are in a position where we can say the game is now beta, and we know we're not going to wipe again ever then I think we can focus on the story. I just hope there's enough of us left by then! The idea is to reach a stage where the dev tools are powerful enough to allow the content devs to drive the story directly.

Keep your eyes peeled over the next couple of months, I think you're going to start seeing some of the stuff you have in mind here. However, note that like Kenu said it will be post-Gate War instead of V'rix era. Where they started in live is almost a year after where we start the storyline running here if documentation holds true.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1329458526' post='53872']
yes we managed to get hold of the old storyline docs that have the full backstory. This, together with some good imaginitive work from the content crew has a full story that even if we manage to get a quarter of it in the game it'll be very rich.
[/quote]

[img]http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/do-want-house.jpg[/img]