Can't View Thread Nor Load It Fast Enough What?

Recent Web Forum issue
So I think its very silly technical issue, but I had something important written up was about to reply on it the *sopa and pipa thread in news topic* when i last could and then it reloaded the page for preview reading and poof blank page just died and i can't view it. No matter what web browser or how many ways ic an find to enter that link to the thread i wind up with nothing showing!!! Yet i have the ability to still view any other thread but the one i was last posting on thats dumb! it acts like I'm either locked out the info got deleted but it was working 1 sec ago so fix it or i well add my reply else where :P cause i don't like wasting time when something was just working fine. Unless you know its a real problem.

thnx for replying,
No it's just the fact i can't see the page period even when the link connection says its done loading so it's not on my side. :)
I'll try again maybe the forum it's self is laggy today including that server reboot but yeah its not right.

I tried refreshing the page but nothing shows just a blank page, i only assume it got deleted or corrupted but it was viewable a couple minutes ago but not anymore.

just tryed no luck, When I'm logged off i can view the thread as a guest all of it normally, the second i log on i can't view it anymore :P Edited by Orga2

Try refreshing with a Ctrl-F5, which should reload the page from scratch. I suppose it's possible that something got messed up and it was cached that way... In the mean time I'll double-check the permissions.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1327278624' post='52021']
Try refreshing with a Ctrl-F5, which should reload the page from scratch. I suppose it's possible that something got messed up and it was cached that way... In the mean time I'll double-check the permissions.
[/quote]

Tried it, still blank page this happened in between me replying so it allowed me to reply but i didn't finish it or submit it as far as i know, something happened and its annoying. Can you view the sopa and pipa thread page C-del?

It loads just fine for me, both as a Member-level user and as a staff member. I will examine the forum's logs to see if there is a record of scripts timing out, as Zackman suggested.

Well, I don't think it's being caused by the SQL server, but I've upped the memory caches just in case. Orga, you said this happen no matter what browser you're using, regardless of having logged out and back in? If you would agree to it, I could log into your account and see if it happens to me as well, which would show me whether or not it's a general server issue. I would do this by resetting your password to something random (so I don't need your personal password), which you could change back later.

CDEL, raising RAM for MySQL without some proper calculation could worsen the problem tho, depending on the threads you allow for mysql and if its using persistent connections.

This script might help you:
[url="http://mysqltuner.pl/mysqltuner.pl"]http://mysqltuner.pl/mysqltuner.pl[/url]

You need a Pearl Interpreter on the server, which should be installed if this machine is running on linux. Edited by Zackman

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1327335131' post='52050']
Well, I don't think it's being caused by the SQL server, but I've upped the memory caches just in case. Orga, you said this happen no matter what browser you're using, regardless of having logged out and back in? If you would agree to it, I could log into your account and see if it happens to me as well, which would show me whether or not it's a general server issue. I would do this by resetting your password to something random (so I don't need your personal password), which you could change back later.
[/quote]

Wow It worked i think the raising memory caches part. U can see i finnaly got to repy to it and view the page as a member not just a guest. maybe i had alot to say and the server was complaining but you managed to work some kinks out. lol

Should I run into the same problem in the future i well let u know if and when u can modify my account but not atm okies. xD Edited by Orga2

Optimizing the tables CAN help IF a table is marked as crash - o/w there are other problems.

May i ask if you made a table analyse and did it show table errors?
Errors like "table marked as crashed" or "table not cleanly closed"?

KYP:

Another problem to consider is the access to the site for certain search engines, causing huge load.
Google, Bing etc. - they are fine, they will respect the robot.txt and spider in a "resource saving way".

Unfortunatly there are spiders that give a damn about that and cause huge load. Chinese spiders are an example.

Since im running a big website here in my country (1.5 Mil. postings, 120.000+ Members) i know that it might cause a performance hit when search engines spider the site calling every link like search (bad), profiles etc.

I saw in the "Who is online" list, that the "Baidur" search engine from China is opening 30-50 threads similar here.

I like the content being spidered, so i find posting via google quickly, saving resources here, thats why i use Google to search here.
i have added EnB Forums to my search bar.

Here are two files (content).
The first is the HTML part you can add to the site here wherever you want.
As soon as a user visit this content, EnB Forum search can be added to the FireFox searchbar with on click.

Its working like this example:
[url="http://www.google.de/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=de&safe=off&source=hp&q=site:forum.enb-emulator.com+search+function&pbx=1&oq=site:forum.enb-emulator.com+search+function&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=185200l187299l0l188030l15l13l0l0l0l0l205l1646l4.8.1l13l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=e96103e41aca622&biw=1910&bih=1006"]SEARCH TEST[/url]

Here is the content - HTML Part:

[CODE]
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

<html>
<head>
<title>Search EnB Forums with Google</title>
<link rel="search" type="application/opensearchdescription+xml" title="EnB Forum Search" href="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/firefox-search/enb-search.xml">
</head>

<body>

<h1>Search with Google the EnB forums</h1>
<h2>Add EnB search to your Firefox search bar</h2>
<p>Hi everyone. Thats it already since there is no installation :-)</p>

<p>Click the searchbar (upper right) in your FireFox and select EnB Forums from the list.</p>
<p>Have fun</p>

</body>
</html>
[/CODE]

The XML (store this file at the position you declared in the HTML above)
[CODE]
<OpenSearchDescription xmlns="http://a9.com/-/spec/opensearch/1.1/"
xmlns:moz="http://www.mozilla.org/2006/browser/search/">
<ShortName>EnB Forums</ShortName>
<Description>Search EnB Forums</Description>
<InputEncoding>UTF-8</InputEncoding>
<Image width="16" height="16" type="image/x-icon">https://forum.enb-emulator.com/favicon.ico</Image>
<Url type="text/html" method="GET" template="http://www.google.de/#hl=de&amp;source=hp&amp;q=site%3Aforum.enb-emulator.com+{searchTerms}" />
</OpenSearchDescription>

[/CODE]

Maybe you find it useful/helpful. Edited by Zackman

No I didn't check back on it last night, that post recount ran a few hours. I will check the tables if its still dying for me when I get home, that was my next step to see if any had gotten stuck.

I recently added Baidu to the user agent list to track the number of hits we get from them, and it's quite a bit. I've been considering blocking their IP ranges, mostly because it's a Chinese search engine, and honestly, how many Chinese have ever heard of EnB? Probably none, so we're getting hit hard and not really getting any benefit from it.

...and the Spam has raised since then..markable.

See this, i just got a topic-notifyer mail:

[quote]
Dicabaibusy has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Agrippa and his mad ways! just a thank you.".

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Panacur Tablets For Cats , cheap generic protonix (URL REMOVED BY ZACKMAN TO AVOID GOOGLE SPIDERING IT (SEO)) These side effects include but are not limited to headache, diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, sleep deprivation, and it may be associated with a greater risk of hip fractures. URL REMOVED BY ZACKMAN TO AVOID GOOGLE SPIDERING IT (SEO) - URL REMOVED BY ZACKMAN TO AVOID GOOGLE SPIDERING IT (SEO)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The topic can be found here: [url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/5930-agrippa-and-his-mad-ways-just-a-thank-you/unread/"]https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/5930-agrippa-and-his-mad-ways-just-a-thank-you/unread[/url]
[/quote]

The posting has been deleted fast (3 minutes) or postings from that account are on status "need approval".

But if you check the account and its registration IP, i bet its chinese and a bot registration.

Give yourself a rest and block the chinese..there is nothing good coming from it.
I have china, korea and some more blocked - completely!

[quote name='Orga2' timestamp='1327622323' post='52397']
It's probably none of my business but, how does a "register bot" get passed the security check on a registeration form?
[/quote]

By automatically sending the requested data and reading actually the captcha - there are some pretty intelligent bots out there.

I've put some logic-based test questions on the registration form now, so assuming we're not being spammed by Watson, we should see a decline in spam. (Or so I hope)