Hi guys,

The Bug Tracker is now live. Whenever you run across a bug, let us know about it.

Click the Bug Tracker tab at the top of the forums and generate a new issue. Explain to the best of your ability what happened and how. What you expected to happen instead based on what you were doing.

If anyone else can confirm or deny click the little red/green bar on the right as appropriate. This is similar to how you could rate people up or down on the previous skins. Once we see a bug is confirmed/ we or a member of the beta team will confirm/acknowledge and place an appropriate ticket on it and get it resolved appropriately.

That being said, the bug forums as you know them from previously will be going away in order to streamline this and put you directly in our project management system. I won't do that part for a couple of days yet, but expect the forums to lose a few pounds in a day or two. If you have a bug that's still active, now's a good time to make like a rat and flee to the other system. I'm going to cut the rope holding those forums up and watch them fall. >:D

Kyp

Severity is up to you, Critical should only be used for repeatable game client or server crashes though. I'll leave everything else at your discretion for now.

Tags just enable better tracker searching for others, you can use up to 10 to prevent people from duplicating the bug.

Oh yeah, duplicate bugs and by necessity I might have to sell you to the highest bidder. ;P

[quote name='Klyde' timestamp='1326647594' post='51537'] I went to look at the new feature yesterday, and was not able to get back to the forums. I got a 505 error on the browser. Using IE 9. [/quote]

Unable to dupe that Klyde, no idea. Works fine for me on IE9. Are you using that compatibility mode stuff per chance?

May want to add a field for Bug Type (Graphic, Sound, Skill, Mob, Item, etc) similar to how the forums have bug types split by forum. This would make searching bugs a lot easier for both the Devs and Submitters.

Here is a gereric description of a few severities. Having too many severity values, or ones that are not distinct, will lessen the information this field provides. Example; will any tester set the severity of their bug to None or Fair?

Critical bugs indicate an issue of such severity that immediate developer attention is required.
Caution: Generally Testers should write the bug as a High and let the Dev team bump it up to Showstopper (if they feel it is warranted).

High bugs are ciritcal issues that either stops gameplay. Bugs that would be considered High include:[list]
[*] Crashes/Freezes
[*] Progression/Mission breaks that prevent a player from getting to the next mission.
[*] exploits that ruin gameplay
[/list]
Medium bugs interfere with gameplay or severely impact the player’s overall gaming experience. Medium bugs do not break the game, thus some may ship with the end product, but they obviously operate contrary to the game’s design. Examples of Mediums include:[list]
[*] Gameplay issues such as balance/size]
[*] Enemies being too powerful, too numerous/size]
[*] Combinations of certain items within a game that make the player overpowering/invincible
[*] Particular areas of a game being easier or harder than it should be
[*] A.I. Issues
[/list]
Low bugs are minor issues that don’t necessarily affect gameplay, but they can be noticed and thus will possibly affect a player’s opinion of how “buggy” the game is.