Hunting Grounds -Explorer

• 5 weeks later...

Wow, you are getting lots of interest... sadly the JE is the toughest class for combat. And it really doesn't start getting interesting until about cl33, or OL100. At that point, with three beams & a more matured electronic warfare platform, I would kill what I liked up to and well above my CL during live. My typical targets were Chavez and whatever dropped good stuff, or hung out in the areas I mined. Oh yeah, Zenshai, lots of Zenshai.

Capella was part of the early, extremely tedious, grindy part and Aragoth in the latter, and virtually anywhere the cl was right once the horrendous grind was over.

Did you have specific CLs in mind for a start? The typical MOBs in the starter areas are a given. After that, it is all dependent on skill/loadout. Hunting even NEAR your CL in the teens thru about 30 can be quite problemmatic, with equipment being a, if not THE, critical factor. That is, to my mind, the weakest and most frustrating time in a JEs career. Of course, that opens an entirely new subject... Equipment!

It is difficult really find suitable areas, saturn is a low cL place for most part, but its again, difficult for JEs because really they need help in getting to the point where they do stuff like the L30 HU mission..

Course, server hiccups dont help either.

• 4 months later...

Back in the day I loved Niffelheim. The L7 Hulks out by the Vindis and the Einjerars were ripe for the picking, all I had to do is sneak in cloaked, mine the bejeezus outta the roids and hulks, then freewarp out the second my scanners went active from an enemy lock.

I never "fought" much out there except the occasional roid "pop" mob (for the UOF) but occasionally found a rogue vindi or something to pick on.

But when it came to roid sniping, I was all about hunting BBW, Niff, and a few other places years of not playing has erased.

That new sector you could go to just before sunset with all the big puffer fish looking mobs and the dark matter? Nothing like pulling a stack of Dark Matter infused ore from under the nose of a CL 60 just 2.3k away. (even with a .45k Signature they could still see and one shot me any closer than 2.3k)

I am curious, For a Hunting JE do you prefer your prey with shields (for Shield leech)

or mainly Bio prey (No hull)

I have a JE only for WH's I never really just hunted with my JE.

I'd like to know where you hunt, what and how (Tactics).

Phor...

I am curious, For a Hunting JE do you prefer your prey with shields (for Shield leech)

or mainly Bio prey (No hull)

Phor...

I'm confused by the question . . . all of the mobs have shields, but the way the question is worded it almost implies that some might not?

With one of my chars being a JE I find the main thing when selecting targets for (solo) hunting is avoiding those that can quickly group aggro - the limited number of weps can make it take longer to down the mob and the JE's small(er) shields can get you into trouble. That said, though, I don't think I'm alone in being a JE that pursued a very unbalanced XP level with Trade and Explore far outpacing Combat - which also meant I frequently had a shield that was a couple levels above that of my targets.

I'm confused by the question . . . all of the mobs have shields, but the way the question is worded it almost implies that some might not?

Animals (BIOlogics) do not. The bar you see dropping in the target window

when your shooting is their life/health when thats gone their dead. The second

bar does not have a set amount.

So when your hunting ships in space your depleteing their shields then their hull.

The JE Sheild Leech should not be Depleteing the animals life/health, IMO that should

not be happening, again I don't see it because I don't play a JE for Combat.

Phorlaug..

So when your hunting ships in space your depleteing their shields then their hull.

The JE Sheild Leech should not be Depleteing the animals life/health, IMO that should

Phorlaug..

Call it what you will - shield, life force, chi, mojo - when I use Shield Leech it depletes the "blue bar" . . . just as it did in Live.

Phorlaug..

i always thought of shield leech in the way you would think of being exposed to say a highly radioactive field and thats why it kills bios...