hosting

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]A non affiliated user db with mobs locations, mob drops, etc. would be great. It could be user supported having all the things missing from the official db.[/size][/font]

[size="3"][font="Calibri"]For example: I found such and such, I send you the item and location and what dropped it. You then update the db. [/font][/size]

That was suppose to be the user updated database but not popular and ya it was mostly mimicked from a different out dated database. Part of the problem people go to out dated (established) sites like arsenal (I think because it looks pretty) but it to is outdated and they dont know any better.

Personally I like the net-7.org method of saying its in game or not and letting me go find it hehe. But to each their own I guess.

I just wish net-7.org could reflect actual in/out of game not (hidden drops) as if its tied to any mob accessible or not it says that leaving to the great mystery. And there are even some that arent tied to any mob yet they say they drop somewhere. Again all rare instances but hey make do with what I have to work with I suppose.

[quote name='Redd' timestamp='1314436368' post='45286']
[...]
Personally I like the net-7.org method of saying its in game or not and letting me go find it hehe. But to each their own I guess.

[...]
[/quote]

I guess for me anyway, looking up something is easier than spamming the channels asking where something drops. Either way we the players get the answer we need so no harm no foul.

[quote name='Mimir' timestamp='1314436966' post='45288']
I guess for me anyway, looking up something is easier than spamming the channels asking where something drops. Either way we the players get the answer we need so no harm no foul.
[/quote]
I think, without an automatic update system, a larger player base is needed to keep a user-updated database resonably useful. There just isn't enough players interested in registering a drop when they find one.

[quote name='Knix' timestamp='1314528289' post='45324']
I think, without an automatic update system, a larger player base is needed to keep a user-updated database resonably useful. There just isn't enough players interested in registering a drop when they find one.
[/quote]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]I have been doing a bit of thinking on your comment of not enough players to make a user supported db feasible. While I agree (mostly) that the current active player base is not sufficient to keep something like this going, there are completely enough registered players to more than keep a user db flourishing.[/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]There are those players that would rather find it all on their own and there are those that will look for something give up and ask for the location. There also those players that don’t bother to ask or even play the game and look for anything but ask for handouts. [/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]I don’t look for the sanctioned db ever supplying anything more than it currently does, so a player supported db (even if only a small few participated) might keep some of the frustration and rage quitting down to a minimum. [/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]That was my suggestion.[/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"] [/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]Just saying[/size][/font]

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Mimir' timestamp='1314536519' post='45325']
[font="Calibri"][size="3"]I have been doing a bit of thinking on your comment of not enough players to make a user supported db feasible. While I agree (mostly) that the current active player base is not sufficient to keep something like this going, there are completely enough registered players to more than keep a user db flourishing.[/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]There are those players that would rather find it all on their own and there are those that will look for something give up and ask for the location. There also those players that don’t bother to ask or even play the game and look for anything but ask for handouts. [/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]I don’t look for the sanctioned db ever supplying anything more than it currently does, so a player supported db (even if only a small few participated) might keep some of the frustration and rage quitting down to a minimum. [/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]That was my suggestion.[/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"] [/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]Just saying[/size][/font]
[/quote]
I would think a user updated database is a good idea, and I would certainly do my part to keep it updated, but as I said, I think our player base is too small to make very many entries in it.

I've tried registering on drpzone, but I never got the registration e-mail, so I can't look into the update functionallity, but it may lack at least some of the following features I think would help get users:

- Date of entry for all drops entered to get an idea of how old the data is when you look something up.
- Easy and fast way to add new drops.
- Even easier and faster way to confirm drop with count and date to get an idea of how many has seen a drop and how long ago...
- Used by everyone that contributes to user updated databases, or exchange between all user updated databases.