Yeah our HGM has problems like this too related to router/firewall settings. Its working fine for the majority of us. Hard to single it out, but you could have a port only allowing one-way traffic for example.

Strange indeed and as you can use the forums you should be able to connect to the server also, but could you try to ping:

sunrise.net-7.org

I would be very surprised if you didn't, but as you can't even reach it when with all securitymeasures off it sound svery strange.

Also have you tried to connect without using the router at all (you said you had turned off the router's firewall not connecting without router) just to figure out if it is the router causing this or not.

I don't know if its the same but i had a similar issue with my new router when i changed ISP.
Try allowing port 443 communication from your firewall.
You said you tried with the firewall completely turned off but it wouldn't hurt to try this too.
Also if you can, put your computer in the DMZ of your router and see if it changes anything. Not suggesting you leave it like this though.