Server Failed to Respond to Sector Login

Title.

What causes the launcher to throw that?

Its been an ongoing battle to figure out whats causing my crashes.

I run both the launcher and client in winxp compatibility mode.

So far I have been able to cut the crashes in half... it used to be on almost every gating (changing the compatibility mode fixed it halfway it seems)

The other point of this, is that it seems to happen oh say after about a half hour, every time. Like if I am doing job runs and porting in and out a lot. Every oh 8-10 gatings or so.

The other major symptom is that I cannot log back into game for quite some time when this happens. Once it crashes, I restart the launcher and it says the server is "offline" anywhere for 30-60 minutes.

Then it just seems to go back to normal. Edited by Ryle

[quote name='Maniac' timestamp='1304831620' post='40370']
Ok so you got compatibility mode on, so next question would be, do you have Client.exe and Net7proxy.exe on admin mode as well?
This might solve your problem.
[/quote]

Yes they are.

The Launcher doesn't throw that, the proxy does. Generally it means you can't communicate with the server, or the server is down. You didn't receive the handoff needed back from the server to start the login process.

The cause is various from: Server outage to simple communication problems. You'll want to make sure port 443 is not in use by any other program that has it locked out explicitly because it's use during the login to keep your info secured (SSL).

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1304862222' post='40380']
The Launcher doesn't throw that, the proxy does. Generally it means you can't communicate with the server, or the server is down. You didn't receive the handoff needed back from the server to start the login process.

The cause is various from: Server outage to simple communication problems. You'll want to make sure port 443 is not in use by any other program that has it locked out explicitly because it's use during the login to keep your info secured (SSL).
[/quote]

I think I may have found the problem. Good thing I know to look for stuff. I didnt even consider the possibility that my firewall was the culprit.
I found a log entry and setting in IDS(after you supplied that port number it ALL came together) that was blocking 87.106.131.253 on port 443 for 1800 seconds every time it saw it. Strange, and I am trying to figure out how to tell the firewall thats a safe IP.

=] Edited by Ryle

Just add an exception, chances are your firewall is not trusting our cert. For info on how to do that you'd have to consult the firewall's documentation and/or tell me the brand/version and I might be able to help you find it on the net.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1304878681' post='40383']
Just add an exception, chances are your firewall is not trusting our cert. For info on how to do that you'd have to consult the firewall's documentation and/or tell me the brand/version and I might be able to help you find it on the net.
[/quote]
AVG 2011

Its the IDS system, and i couldnt find a place to put an exception in for that specifically. So I set up the firewall to detect Net7 as a safe network for now.
I could either shut off IDS, or do that, unless I can find a way to make IDS not block specific IP addys.

[url="http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:jxZtczo7heMJ:www.penangfon.com/download/avg_fwf_sgd_en_71_4.pdf+avg+firewall+manual&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESiiYX4SKADN8IroYFA72ZOOYbZFGQoAXdZ7JojFsQYh5OIrBRXvxMcwH_huONizKrkvbrpac9ZH_RnsQCzlCNlqXfaV5Pd-OKnJO6Lx8jMzHH5hKFIShyVGv0xRq3TIft0YxrVF&sig=AHIEtbSOP7PoOSj-xT5THSlyc1YOoBOXUw"]http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:jxZtczo7heMJ:www.penangfon.com/download/avg_fwf_sgd_en_71_4.pdf+avg+firewall+manual&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESiiYX4SKADN8IroYFA72ZOOYbZFGQoAXdZ7JojFsQYh5OIrBRXvxMcwH_huONizKrkvbrpac9ZH_RnsQCzlCNlqXfaV5Pd-OKnJO6Lx8jMzHH5hKFIShyVGv0xRq3TIft0YxrVF&sig=AHIEtbSOP7PoOSj-xT5THSlyc1YOoBOXUw[/url]

(may need to sign up for a google account if you don't have one, but this is AVGs guide to the software firewall for 2011). Search for the word "exception" and see where that leads ya.

So I have been logged in now and playing without a single crash for over four hours. Obviously this WAS the culprit.

For AVG 2011 - make sure you go into firewall tools/settings, go to whatever network youre using to access the internet, and uncheck the IDS box whenever you play EnB. =]

[img]http://i53.tinypic.com/nogc42.jpg[/img]

Its the little box right there at the bottom. =]
Make sure to turn it back on when youre done playing. Edited by Ryle

Were you running this with "local Cert" checked?

Tienbau, if you see this, does the proxy contact the server on 443 during every sector change? If so, what for?