Mob speed

Hi,

is there a reason why the most mobs are so incredible fast, so that kiting(hold on own

weapon range and outside of mob range) is impossible?

I don't know how progens or terrans(ok, they can fly forward firing missiles) do,

but i as a JE i loved it to be able to go on mobs much higher than i with help of

projectiles.

And later on with best beams and equipement able to kite even with beams.

I were often mining in BBW and these fields had as guards mostly manes, up to lvl 58,

that was fun to kill them as a JE. Good explore XP and combat XP on top.

Now it seems these times are gone.... i have a backward speed of ~300 but they are faster.

Means no use of projectiles. Means also always if fighting -> combat cloak.

No other choice.

Mobs have more hull, more shield, more damage and now are always faster.

Merlin did a good job with the prototypes, in spezial the beams with more range than all other beams. But, if mobs are faster than you there is no use of these beams(or just a little).

I know for terrans and progens the mobs are easy to kill with kiting, but that was the game(maybe give projectile and missile mobs also this range for challenge).

They had some challenge in live, some mobs were a bit faster and some had also

a great range. (example Mobs in Ardus, the mobs in Der Todesengel or the lvl 66 MP's in Luna i think it was.

A great bit of fun is gone without that kiting.

regards

Blondin

Edited by Blondin

A reverse speed of 500 is possible.

What level is your JE and combat/explore/trade levels as well so can figure out what skills and equipment you might be able to use and therefore figure out approximately how fast you should be going in reverse.

I half expect your JE to be lower level in which case may be look into equipped/activated deflects.

I'm not a Jenquai but 2 tips: if you can afford it, buy a Devastating Gaze (5 million dreds) from market channel.

Vaden makes them I think. It will boost your beam range.

Second: go to Paramis station if your level is high (~140 or higher I think..)

Talk to the lady in the white dress. Do the mission that has the word 'device' in it.

I'm not gonna say what the reward is but you'll like it :huh:

gl!

Hi,

is there a reason why the most mobs are so incredible fast, so that kiting(hold on own

weapon range and outside of mob range) is impossible?

Now it seems these times are gone.... i have a backward speed of ~300 but they are faster.

Means no use of projectiles. Means also always if fighting -> combat cloak.

No other choice.

Mobs have more hull, more shield, more damage and now are always faster.

It is obvious that mobs are a lot faster now. Also thier closure rate has increased, so when facing mobs that group aggro like chavez we can't expect to fight one off before the rest are in range :huh: Mobs already had enough advantages with unlimited power and multiple weapon types etc. Let's rethink the speed boost they seem to have.

Edited by cpwings