How Many Hit Points Does The Earth Have

I was playing D&D(3.5) the other day with some of my buddy's and our DM who loves his NPC's ruined our party and did what ever it would take to save his NPC's from certain destruction. So i finally say that's it, that's enough, your NPC's are dead!!! But i need to think big so i asked how many hit points does earth have? none of us had the answer and after much googling we gave up. so i was hoping some of you guys might know.

I was playing D&D(3.5) the other day with some of my buddy's and our DM who loves his NPC's ruined our party and did what ever it would take to save his NPC's from certain destruction. So i finally say that's it, that's enough, your NPC's are dead!!! But i need to think big so i asked how many hit points does earth have? none of us had the answer and after much googling we gave up. so i was hoping some of you guys might know.

I'd say 42, but I guess it depends on what die are included with your attack rolls. ;P

Well, here's the thing, you have to view the Earth as a phased opponent, wherein its an understood rule that the Earth has multiple layers which in turn requires different types of weapons and tactics to be used at each layer. My old D&D days 20+ years ago, we actually had created an Earth character where the hit points were based upon the thickness of each layer. So the crust was succeptable only to physical attacks and had 40 hit points, the Magma (being a less solid and more resiliant substance) were immune to physical attacks but weaker against magic had 2800 hit points, outer core took 3/4 damage on both physical and magic attacks and had 1300 hit points and the inner core took 1/2 damage on both physical and magic attacks and had 1200 hit points. So total the Earth had 5340 hit points. We also had arguments about how many levels thick the Earth character should be and whether or not to take into account the atmosphere as some type of shield, but this is what we ended up with.