Additional skill missions

sirmorte

It didn't happen while EnB was live, but there's no reason it couldn't be made to happen. I could see skillpoint missions being good for L150 players.

Thanks, I think that's a good thing, since there are no-referrals in the emulator. Also thanks for having Post 150 dings making the ding sound, like the levels 150 and below. In Live they didn't make the sound, would just say level up.

In Live there was at least 1 time where there was a mission that awarded 2 skill points among completion, but it was a "special occasion" mission, I think it was the 1 yr anniversary, can't remember for sure, but it was in 2003 and around the time of it. It was not repeatable

Yes, special event missions for things like Christmas, New Years day, Holloween etc. would be great times for skill point missions.

Whoa, giving out skill points for every holiday seems over the top, just IMO. Especially when you consider that for many of the holidays named above players are AWAY from the game. I think it would reduce the value of the EARNED skill points by players gaining XP if people that happen to be online at some specific times are able to suddenly inflate their skill points.

Jerod, it can be done on some holdays and can be limited to 1-2 points. This won't imbalance anything

In addition, it will reduce the number of accounts and characters in the server. This will reduce server load and make everything more stable.

• Downvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

I like this idea... but they should be close to Byakhee-style complexity and difficulty to make them worthwile... especially for 2-3 skill points a shot.

Otherwise, I can gain a post-150 trade level and an explore level on my TS after an hour or so of mining, or half a trade and a combat level with the PW in about the same time frame if I did things right with him.

Jerod, it can be done on some holdays and can be limited to 1-2 points. This won't imbalance anything

In addition, it will reduce the number of accounts and characters in the server. This will reduce server load and make everything more stable.

I don't follow the logic of how doing this makes what you state in the second paragraph happening - nor do I recall any plea from the EnB Team for this. It *is* a stress test and the goal is to create load and find what needs to be tuned/tweaked to accomodate the load.

• Upvote 1