Some additional suggestions such as friend notes

sirmorte

I have some suggestions that might not be a high priority,but it would be great if you could implement:

1.Notes on friends list: I have added a number of builders as friends for contacts. However, I can't remember who is who. Although I have used the captain''s log for this now, it would be great if we could have a note section next to friend to make small annotations.

2. Captains log is nice,but I would like it broken into two parts: one tab for notes,which is the way it is now. The second tab for sectors and nav discussion where we can annotate mob lives, ore levels, etc. In fact, even better would be three tabs for notes, mobs and ores for each nav site.

3. Some mission,such as the level 30 hulls take too darn long and are frankly a bore to travel over hill and dale. En B wanted these long missions in order to keep people paying longer. However, do we really need to go from Endriago, to Aragoth to Dahin planet and back to Arargoth? Shorter, less boring missions would be great in my humble opinion.

4. It would be great if you can implement an email server between characters where folks can send stuff to friends or to their alts.

5. We discussed cross vault slots for all alts. This would be wonderful. If we lose the bottom 6 slots, that would be a small price to pay.

It would also result in less accounts and less server resources.

5. Trade missions should be improved. Frankly, everyone knows that Sumerled- Fenrus is the best trade route around. Frankly, I think other trade routes should be expanded. This can be done monthly with the "Trade mission of the month" that will give bonuses. Moreover, by varying different trade missions, it will force folks to go around the galaxy more and not congregate at a few sectors.

6,. Holiday events: EQ II does this well.Four times a year, special bonus missions, that are easy to do, are offered. They give a variety of items, experience etc. You can have a summer solstice, Christmas, Halloween and New Year events.

7.At each level, the same weapons, shields, reactors are attempted by each class. Somehow, this should vary a bit. Maybe adding in new stuff would change the equation.

8. In regard to the above, many manufacturable items seems to drop on mobs that are much too high for folks at that level to get. For example, a crossbow III projectile dropped on level 25 CL mobs. Generally, we get build III around level 25 OVERALL. I think you might want to consider lowering the mob levels for drops to something more akin with the level of the item, or, even better, slightly below the level of the item.

9. Guild Screen Addition of location: It would be nice if we can go on the guild screen and see who in the guild is online and where they are. I don't think that we can do that now without adding them to the friends list.

10. PVP: Although I personally don't like PVP< some folks do. There should be new areas that allow this. They can be set up for guild wars, wars between the races, special mobs with special loot which would encourage folks to go there etc. I would provide no loss of exp if you die in those special zones. I don't know if this can be implemented.

Overall, I thinnk you guys deserve HUGE kudos for what you have done. This is an extraordinary effort of love and patience , and I, for one, really appreciate it.

• Downvote 1

10. PVP: Although I personally don't like PVP< some folks do. There should be new areas that allow this. They can be set up for guild wars, wars between the races, special mobs with special loot which would encourage folks to go there etc. I would provide no loss of exp if you die in those special zones. I don't know if this can be implemented.

This has been suggested many a time and is good, but only if there are certain limitations making pvp not all about having the biggest guns.

I'm curious and wonder if a DEV can answer this - can PVP teams be made larger than 6 players? I mean does the client allow 12 vs 12 for example? Because if it doesnt, guild PVP is probably not going to happen.

1: Can't do it because we are unable to edit the client - Sorry.

2: Same as #1.

3: Content Dev issue. I personally don't find the long missions to be that bad. It used to be terrible when you would GTM or GTD through every gate, but it's ok now that the connections are more stable.

4: This is something I would like to see done, and something EA originally had for their GMs/Customer Service Reps. This may come about after we hit a "Live" stage, or at least Beta.

5: Sounds good. Trade will likely become more complicated and less boring as we improve the game.

6: We've had a few of these already and we plan to do much more in the future.

7: This may be possible in the future, but there is always the problem of balance. Changes like this are unlikely to happen for a while.

8: I've noticed this. Perhaps the point is to get lower level players to go to higher level players to have their weapons made? I couldn't really give you a definitive answer, as I'm not really involved with Content.

9: As with numbers 1 and 2, this is impossible since we can't modify the client, but we could probably add a slash command to allow you to see which of your guild members is in a certain area, or allow you to see where a specific guild member is.

10: This is something the developers are open to. First, we will eventually bring back the "Nova Games", the original EnB answer to PvP, and later we may create PvP sectors or games of some sort.

@Tyarn:

Unfortunately, we can't make groups of more than 6, but theoretically we could have any number of people on a "team" and have them communicate over an instance of a private channel, like a raid party.

Thank you developer for your response. I really suggest that you pass on item 8, lower mob levels for drops, to the development team.

When the server goes live, there won't be any high level players. There won't be player made stuff for quite a while. Even worse, some folks will level much faster than others, especially the casual player. Thus, at first, a few players will have a monopoly,which is never a good thing. I strongly suggest that much lower mob levels be used for for level appropriate drops.

As for knowing which guildies are online. using a command would be very nice.

Morte , this is the beauty of guilds or buddies who group up , and hit a list of mobs for their equipment to get printed.

Last time we had a player wipe I had crossbows and lvl3 scale shields , we all took a break from levelling like fools and grouped up and got ourselves blown up and in way over our head trying to take mobs too high but it was a blast.

Of course if your a solo player this can be a problem , ask in channel for a hand.

All the best

Alk

Alkemmi, certainly there is some truth in what you say. However, I have found that there is a particularly large amount of soloing in this game especially at the lower levels ( pre 20). To not fix this is to shaft a large number of players. Moreover, having items up to level 4 drop on item/level appropriate mobs won't hurt anyone and only help those who are builders.

I agree to a point. When I started the very first time, I did mostly solo for like the first 50 levels. When I started to create newer toons, I found it so much easier to just ask in chat if anyone around my same lvl wanted to go farm a certain mob, could almost always find one if not two or more people willing to group. I did this with my PW and about doubled my lower lvl build list by trading a bunch of looted items to my PP.