Warp

I don't know about you guys, but I personally think it would KICK BUT, if you could, for example, press M, and open the map, and then like, hold SHIFT, and click on the nav points in the order you want to hit them. Sometimes, the computer will not pick the most effective route, or for example, you have all the nav points but one that's just to the left of the main path, instead of having to spot a few times to hit it, you could just shift click it in.

Now some have said this should only be for classes with Navigate, and though that kinda makes since, maybe just add it to the last 2 levels or maybe just the last one?

I'd love that too, but unfortunately we don't have the ability to alter the client, which would be necessary to add this functionality. Sorry. :)

This is a similar suggestion, but afaik it is not too impossible:

Have the ability to change direction with your ship while freewarping.

Those that played the first single player versions of N7 may remember the bugs that allowed you to do this.

To not make navpoints too redundant this ability could come as a rare device, engine or w/e :)

I don't know about you guys, but I personally think it would KICK BUT, if you could, for example, press M, and open the map, and then like, hold SHIFT, and click on the nav points in the order you want to hit them. Sometimes, the computer will not pick the most effective route, or for example, you have all the nav points but one that's just to the left of the main path, instead of having to spot a few times to hit it, you could just shift click it in.

Now some have said this should only be for classes with Navigate, and though that kinda makes since, maybe just add it to the last 2 levels or maybe just the last one?

While it is possible to alter the ship's warp course, actually dictating an exact course won't be possible (at least with the current client). What we could do is to have a 'closest warp' mode where the ship travels from a to b using the nearest nav points. This would be useful for exploring. Or have an 'optimal warp' which tries the client generated path, the closest warp path and sees which is less distance.

• Upvote 1

While it is possible to alter the ship's warp course, actually dictating an exact course won't be possible (at least with the current client). What we could do is to have a 'closest warp' mode where the ship travels from a to b using the nearest nav points. This would be useful for exploring. Or have an 'optimal warp' which tries the client generated path, the closest warp path and sees which is less distance.

I believe I just heard angels start singing. This would be fantastic. An excellent example is ABA (although there are plenty others) if you want to go from the sector gate to Saturn to the ECS Dauntless. Client side, as soon as you click the ECS Dauntless, the path takes you all the way across the navs that loop north around the entire sector. However, if you click on the asteroid just to the SW of the gate, it is a straight line there, then you can click on Klondike and warp straight there and then the Dauntless. If the game would just recognize this as the shortest path to begin with, would be helpful.

i would LOVE the ability to turn in freewarp!!

even just a few degrees to the left or right would be really nice.

(passes out banana splits to all devs,and a thick steak to tb)

can we can we please