Hacking Suggestion

bondct

I havent been a TE long so maybe someone else can fill me in... but it seems that the 2k range on L5 hacking makes the skill relatively useless... that and the energy cost vs the amt of times it hits? just the amount of energy it uses vs what our guns need are almost prohibitive... stop me if I am wrong here... but 2k range is more like tanking rather than hacking... I mean think about it... when you get hacked... its not like the hacker knocks on your door, gets invited in and says "can you skuch over bit so I can hack your computer"...

rather they are all over the world and definitely not in your site... imo I would rather have 4-6k range, 1/2 the energy use, and a more diminished effect (if it is even possible to make the effect any suckier than it is now), and a greater hit percentage (like double what it is now unbuffed)...

jusy my .02

I tend to agree on the range. Is 2k what it was in live? I don't think the energy use would be bad if it didn't fail so much, at least from what I've seen.

Multi-hack did have a 2/2.5k range in live, you had to do driveby's with it.

Also multi hack disabled multiple systems with a single click. I remember hitting the cl10 drones at earth with area multi-hack one or twice and none of em could fire, they would just sit in a big circle around me while newbies raped em.

The range was very short in live. Not sure if it was as low as 2k though.

Do remember using the low level weapon hack on L66 earthcorps in luna. It was castable so fast that within a second it's beam and missile launcher were disabled. Apparently this mob had 0 psionic resistance so 100% of hacks worked.

Other than for these earthcorps hack had zero use for me.

One way hacking could work is a bit like beams in that at shorter range you have a greater chance of success, but at longer range you have a reduced chance.

There should be some benefit from taking risk...

The range didn't vary in the live game it was 2.5, hacking was meant as a save your arse skill if the mobs caught you rather than something that could be more useful. And yes, the multi-hack took down more than one piece of equipment most times, and rarely or at least somewhat rarely could take down 3 but never all three core systems, or all weapons, it was always a mix.