TE First hull upgrade promotion mission

Im currently lvl 10 and step 1/14 for this quest seems simple enough:

Go to navigation point Nav Hub Luna then report back to Lt. Raine.

The problem is nothing triggers when I got to Nav Hub Luna as well as when I go back to Raine. He still just offers up the same 4 or 5 quests to kill bots, larva , collect supplies etc. Thus I am currently clueless as to how to proceed... Any ideas? I asked in chat but no one replied so now im posting here. Thanks in advance.

Try taking the other sub quests if you have room in your log then seeing if he'll offer it. I'd have to do some checking. They were working some time ago and I hadn't heard of any recent failures.

I know Tienbau mentioned a possable issue with the 'nearest nav' code which is used for interacting with navs (the same code that causes issues with the JE cloak mission). Perhaps that could be causing issues with interacting with this mission NPC as well?

On the bright side, that bug is been looked into right now :-)

im not sure which terran starter missions it was, but i had a simular issue.

try pressing "x" when you are near the nav in question.

also like someone said its possible other missions must be done first

good luck 8)

Still no luck, i've tried all suggestions thus far but even after doing all of the 4 recyclable missions Raine offers the quest doesn't trigger. I'm almost lvl 16 now lol, seems kind of pointless to keep going if I can't upgrade my hull. Hopefully whatever is causing this will get sorted out, thanks to all who replied. Time to make a Jenq or Proggie I guess heh.

Ok there is an issue, but to clarify I meant if possible take all of the missions he's offering and take this one on top of it. (if Kyle's not offering the mission itself for whatever reason). If you've got the mission "Earthcorps Promotion Ceremony" you're doing it already for the first upgrade, there isn't a sub mission to grant this. If you've got that mission and can't advance it's related to teh problem Suri mentioned with the nearest nav and arrive at triggers that we have for missions.

one of my alts had that problem. the problem is you have already found the nav point when you finaly get the mission from him to go find it right? That's why it won't advance since you cant' find it then. gm was on and asked me what the problem was and when i told him. he went in and manualy advanced the mission for me. worked great after that since it was no longer looking for me to find a nav point i had found a day before.

Yes Kyp, I have the mission in my log but can't advance it.

Ahh.. so basically if I were to just remake and skip going to Nav Luna Hub until I get to lvl 10 and the Promotion Ceremony quest is available I should be able to advance properly? I don't mind remaking, won't take long to get back to 10. The only inconvenience is I guess I have to hold off on learning missiles since that guy is parked at the nav there who teaches the skill. I can just pew pew my way to 10 though so maybe not so much trouble. Ok thanks again for the feedback all, I will give it a shot (no pun intended) and see if getting to 10 first then getting the quest *then* hitting Nav Luna Hub will set things in motion properly.

EDIT: I just realized I HAVE to go through Nav Luna Hub because its the only one closest to Luna Base so what I wrote above won't work... So I guess the only recourse is to do like Shieldfield suggested above and ask a GM to manually advance the mission for me? I will still remake to try from scratch and do all missions before taking the HU at 10 but I have a sinking feeling I will just get the same result.

Edited by WaRmOnGeR

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is an older post but if your still stuck on this. what i did just this month was once i got the the nav point i manually flew closer to it even through it once. this has worked on the two TE i have made with the nav point having already been discovered by me before. My TE is named rihanna ingame if you need some more help

Edited by yenome