52+hours running

Incase nobody reported this yet…most mobs are not spawning, missions are not getting done and are backing up, Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria. We need a restart:(:)

Edited by Mimir
  • Upvote 2

We have found the problem just working on a fix. The mobs are actualy running away from their spawn points, so rebooting will not fix this :D. I will let you know as soon as we get a fix.

Thanks,

David

I think a partial server crash was causing this or a sector lock. For now a reboot would fix it, but the root problem needs to be fixed ideally. If it happens again hopefully we can fix it properly.

Still having issues finding mobs - I'm running jobs from Yasuragi/Swooping Eagle on the JE now to get her reactor build levels up, but the jobs to Slayton RD camps should be sort of a death trap (most cases I can arrive at these camps uncloaked to drop off my trash and satellites unmolested).

I am a bit busy today so not sure I'll get home to look into it, but are mobs trying to run away when players fight them?

From what I've seen that's what they do but I think it also depends on relative combat level.

If your character is > or >= MOB combat level they run away although they may pursue and fight for a moment first.

(Not sure if it's > or >= one of anyway).

Otherwise MOB > or >= your character combat level then they fight unless they rebound on tether. But if you stand still without exceeding tethering range they will also stay and fight if MOB combat level is > or >= character.

This is what I've seen fighting lvl 12, 15 and 17 Free Spacers.

From what I've seen that's what they do but I think it also depends on relative combat level.

If your character is > or >= MOB combat level they run away although they may pursue and fight for a moment first.

(Not sure if it's > or >= one of anyway).

Otherwise MOB > or >= your character combat level then they fight unless they rebound on tether. But if you stand still without exceeding tethering range they will also stay and fight if MOB combat level is > or >= character.

I wonder if this is a part of the altruism/bravery AI?

My hunch is that the code for mobs bravery is on the live server now, but only the updated mobs have the correct bravery settings, the old ones are probably defaulted at the lowest setting which is where mobs flee when attacked. The mobs altruism and bravery is exactly what I'm working on and testing on the dev server, if some of that code has got onto tge live server it could explain this.

Ideally a mob should return to its spawn zone once it gets 15k from the player and deaggro's if it runs away, but I don't think that has been coded in properly yet. Thus why mos will just keep running.

I am a bit busy today so not sure I'll get home to look into it, but are mobs trying to run away when players fight them?

(From another post) I am still having an issue with the renegade progen hastatus in the grav well near the Pax Decima in Lagarto running away from me, and that mob is 6 cl's higher than me.