Terran Scout and Raids

Has anyone seen or is a TS that is in raids on a regular basis? What has your role been... is it hard to get in a raid group? Are you last resort? My TS is only L105 atm... and I am really wondering atm what viability the TS currently has in a raid... and yes, I know they are being worked on... just curious as to a where is it at now...

I've been on a number of Controller, GoBB, Kuei, and FB raids with my TS, often as a "combat driver".

In fact, my TS has (at present) a far better chance of getting in on GoBB or Controller since his sig is significantly lower than my PW.

The role could be played well with a JE using group cloak - but once the DPS is being tossed about, group cloak utility tends to go out the window.

The TS with NOS and other combat speed gear and scan distance improvement gear with a low sig (ZNC, stealth rally, and Trifid, and Pleiades buff) and a fair amount of competency with where to maneuver in between the gaps of mob spawns and/or kiting seems to be helpful.

Plus we get to use a lot of the explorer-specific debuffer devices/animal skin devices.

• Upvote 1

ah copy... no this is a serious question... I dont have the unlimited time to play enb like I didnt have in 2003 but did it anyway... so i really wanna know what happens to TS at 150... if its known that its a waste... Ill roll sumtin else till the concept of TS is viable and has something worth being tested...

its a new class and I like it, but I also realize the devs have a full plate and there are things more important atm...

It's a bit hard to tell until we actually get the raids in the game properly. Assuming a group is having no major issues with reactor power, I could imagine having a TS along to do damage and give a JS when needed would be better than a JE, but it does depend on how power hungry the group is. The fact the TS has an extra weapon slot than it was designed to have give it a good DPS advantage and the fact that it can fire at long range means it can actually help with DPS as opposed to beam using classes than are sometimes out of range. Overall, the TS is a pretty good class to bring for debuffing mobs and helping out with the DPs, but its like i said, it all depends on if the group has reactor issues, in which case I'd imagine they'd bring along a JE instead (If they are been strict about only having 1 Explorer class in the group that is).

It will be interesting to see how group's organise once the raid mechanics are more refined. I suppose until that happen,s we won't really know what class combinations will be the norm.

It's a bit hard to tell until we actually get the raids in the game properly. Assuming a group is having no major issues with reactor power, I could imagine having a TS along to do damage and give a JS when needed would be better than a JE, but it does depend on how power hungry the group is. The fact the TS has an extra weapon slot than it was designed to have give it a good DPS advantage and the fact that it can fire at long range means it can actually help with DPS as opposed to beam using classes than are sometimes out of range. Overall, the TS is a pretty good class to bring for debuffing mobs and helping out with the DPs, but its like i said, it all depends on if the group has reactor issues, in which case I'd imagine they'd bring along a JE instead (If they are been strict about only having 1 Explorer class in the group that is).

It will be interesting to see how group's organise once the raid mechanics are more refined. I suppose until that happen,s we won't really know what class combinations will be the norm.

That's a good question, cause they might want to bring a JE around for his L9 Chim and L9 Coma, to both blind the mob and debuff it significantly to Plasma damage. If there is a raid where Explosive damage would be more useful than Plasma damage, while all 3 explorers can debuff that type of damage, the Scout is more likely to carry that debuffer, since he can get personal use out of it, while for a JE that's just for group use.

Would be very interesting if there was a raid where the mobs were immune to Plasma, and everyone had to bring either Energy, Impact, or Explosive, depending on their race. In which case a JT would do debuffer duty for beam using classes, Scout would be debuffing both Impact & Explosive. JE would only carry a Coma to blind the mobs in such a case.

The fact the TS has an extra weapon slot than it was designed to have give it a good DPS advantage and the fact that it can fire at long range means it can actually help with DPS as opposed to beam using classes than are sometimes out of range. Overall, the TS is a pretty good class to bring for debuffing mobs and helping out with the DPs,

hi just for informational purposes I want to comment on part of this having done a few fb's rd base raids, troller, etc... I think that the TS dps is worthless in a raid cuz of L8 shield... I mean when the master picks his victim and starts firing it takes 2 tt's to keep a warrior class alive... jd's with good gear lose all their shields on the 2nd shot after psi goes down... so there is no way that a TS is gonna survive if they think they are gonna hit the F key

and tbh they are gonna be told NOT to fire as they will have some kinda buffind or js duty that a JE or PS can easily outdo them on...

The point of this post is that if we start hashing out TS issues now... when time comes to actually create the TS class... we might have a concensus of a viable direction for it...

• Downvote 1

I would like to see some mods to the TS at the endgame levels for whatever stat pools are concerned with "evasion".

Not cloaking or visibility necessarily (though reducing our base sig I would applaud), but rather reducing the effectiveness of mob's critical targeting, and / or making making it so that mobs at the same level or higher will miss a greater percentage of their shots.