An increase to Warp Speeds on Engines @ 200%

also, if you think about it... there is only 1 class that I can think of offhand imo that even cares if engines get a boost... and thats the Terran Scout... between crappy shields, a redundant build devices, and crappy build engines that no one cares about they get the short end of the stick... I'll say it again... give the scout build reactors instead and forget about engines... any worthwhile buff to give to engines creates balance issues... and the rest of the buffs are useless... imo engines are not broken... the fact that its what was given to the TS to build is waht is broke...

If the Scout had build Reactors what point would there be to having a Jenquai Seeker or Progen Privateer, as far as building is concerned? Reactors is the one build that Terrans can't monopolize the market on, since none of the Terran classes can build them. If Scout or any other Terran could build Reactors, there is no reason to make a Privateer or Seeker, for building. Terran Scout would be able to build every reactor that a JT or PT could build for the same price, while JT cannot build Progen reactors, and PT cannot build Jenquai reactors. All 3 classes have negotiate 5.

Again, the idea of adding/changing up buffs on engines to make some more desierable is aslo a grand idea. One problem I do know is that there are good few "awsome" engines that are out the for lvl 9 that cant even be manufactured ... so, that again makes building engines around that lvl pointless. As everyone will just seek to attain that engine and we all end up running the same set ups on our ships, and thats boring. Variation is always sweet in the end game. Whats the piont of having 10 lvl 9 engines if everyones going to use 3 and never use the others ... its like a waste of time even developing the other 7.

That line of thought where there is an end-all single setup that is supreme is very unimaginative of the WW devs.

Take the intent for the resolute as the prime example of this attitude.

It's primary buff changed any terran from relatively poor at energy management, to something that has no energy issues whatsoever.

Would be nice if there's more serious choices and they would have to be pretty damn serious to compete with the intent for the resolute.

The bottom-line-problem is that there was only one level 9 engine in existance, as the others are too weak to count.

If the Scout had build Reactors what point would there be to having a Jenquai Seeker or Progen Privateer, as far as building is concerned? Reactors is the one build that Terrans can't monopolize the market on, since none of the Terran classes can build them. If Scout or any other Terran could build Reactors, there is no reason to make a Privateer or Seeker, for building. Terran Scout would be able to build every reactor that a JT or PT could build for the same price, while JT cannot build Progen reactors, and PT cannot build Jenquai reactors. All 3 classes have negotiate 5.

hey... I can keep trying... plus the point to having a Jenquai Seeker or Progen Privateer as far as building is concerned would not change... some people are Jens by nature and some people are Progs and some are Terrs... nothing changes at all except a different skin makes a reactor...

are you saying that the JS and PP classes are so weak as classes that if TS had build reactor that they would not be viable in the game? well if that is the case, then the problem is not build reactor thats for sure... they need serious help... and to be honest... having played a TS... they kinda need serious help... mining speed is fine, but they have such a fat ass they attrract mobs from other games (I was attacked by a Klingon from STO the other night)... they have no viable raid skills (having played a TT main, hull patch is really not a raid skill... a good tt does not let their group get down to hull... hopefully)... afterburner remains to be seen, but does not look promising, they only have 4 weapon mounts and L8 shields...

honestly I am depressing myself now :D... the new classes basically sux... lets just toss em, put things back they way they were and forget about them...

hey... I can keep trying... plus the point to having a Jenquai Seeker or Progen Privateer as far as building is concerned would not change... some people are Jens by nature and some people are Progs and some are Terrs... nothing changes at all except a different skin makes a reactor...

are you saying that the JS and PP classes are so weak as classes that if TS had build reactor that they would not be viable in the game? well if that is the case, then the problem is not build reactor thats for sure... they need serious help... and to be honest... having played a TS... they kinda need serious help... mining speed is fine, but they have such a fat ass they attrract mobs from other games (I was attacked by a Klingon from STO the other night)... they have no viable raid skills (having played a TT main, hull patch is really not a raid skill... a good tt does not let their group get down to hull... hopefully)... afterburner remains to be seen, but does not look promising, they only have 4 weapon mounts and L8 shields...

honestly I am depressing myself now :D... the new classes basically sux... lets just toss em, put things back they way they were and forget about them...

As far as building reactors is concerned, if the Terran Scout had the skill, he could essentially put both the Progen and Jenquai traders out of business. Why? Progen and Jenquai traders suffer from racial restrictions, which means that a Terran Scout's book of reactors that could be analyzed would be greater than either the Progen Privateer or the Jenquai Seeker. In addition the Terran Tradesman builds everything else, doesn't have racial restrictions on building, and can build for less money than JT/PT due to Negotiate 7.

JT = Jenquai & Terran reactors, plus Negotiate 5

PT = Progen & Terran reactors, plus Negotiate 5

(If Scouts could do reactors)

TE= Progen Reactors, Terran Reactors, and Jenquai Reactors, plus Negotiate 5

Clear advantage to Scout, over both of the new traders. Why should an Explorer be a better builder than a Trader?

Since all 3 classes have Negotiate 5, there is no advantage to being a Progen or Jenquai Trader. Essentially giving the Scout Build Reactor, means you have an Explorer taking away the 1 advantage that the PT and JT, have over the TT. So the Terran Explorer would essentially be putting 2 Trade classes out of business, in building. That shoudldn't happen.

Have a Scout toon myself, I don't think that the Scout is bad at all. The only thing Scouts really need is to have improvements on their trianing area, their last 2 skills implemented, and some class specfic equipment. The Scout is adequate in Combat, has firepower equal to the Terran Tradesman, more speed than the TT, (Navigate 7, L9 devices, plus Afterburn to be added) can use the Mercurius/Halley/Trifid engines to get their sig down, as well as can use the Fornax Australis line of devices (that JE's use) to boost their reactor recharge (Activated). Had no problem killing things over her combat level by simply kiting them. Scanners just as powerful as a PE, more powerful than a JW or JT before buffs.

PT would still be welcome in Combat due to his firepower being comparable to the TW, but why would the PT bother with building if the Scout can outcompete in Reactors and the TT in everything else?

The JT might find a job helping Miners with orefield guardian mobs, at L150, well maybe, since she can buff your reactors & recharge shields, and Warriors might find killing Manes to be a waste of time and ammo. (They can make more money and better loot elsewhere) However if the Scout can build reactors, than there's not much point to building as a JT, which would really suck since on a JT, by the time you reach 150 you will have earned enough points to max all your combat skills except Fold Space & Projecitle Weapon, Max Beams and Reactors, L8 Shields/Devices/Engines, and 2 build skills, one of which should be Build Reactor.

Oh and Device build on a Scout isn't bad at all. The ONLY class that can outperform a Scout on device building is the Terran Tradesman. Scout can build every device that a Sentinel, Explorer, Defender, or Seeker can build, without racial restrictions, and do it for less money (except for JT who can match price). I don't see any reason for the Scout to complain about Build Devices.

The whole point of having different races and classes is that there should some things that others are better at than your race. In the case of Terrans, Progen and Jenquai can build reactors, you cannot. In return, you get larger cargo holds, access to L9 engines, the ability to use or build equipment from all 3 races (Progen/Jenquai cannot), and all your Terrans can Negotiate, for more lower prices buying/building from NPCs, while having higher prices selling to NPCs.

Edited by Terrell

As far as building reactors is concerned, if the Terran Scout had the skill, he could essentially put both the Progen and Jenquai traders out of business. Why? Progen and Jenquai traders suffer from racial restrictions, which means that a Terran Scout's book of reactors that could be analyzed would be greater than either the Progen Privateer or the Jenquai Seeker. In addition the Terran Tradesman builds everything else, doesn't have racial restrictions on building, and can build for less money than JT/PT due to Negotiate 7.

JT = Jenquai & Terran reactors, plus Negotiate 5

PT = Progen & Terran reactors, plus Negotiate 5

(If Scouts could do reactors)

TE= Progen Reactors, Terran Reactors, and Jenquai Reactors, plus Negotiate 5

Clear advantage to Scout, over both of the new traders. Why should an Explorer be a better builder than a Trader?

Since all 3 classes have Negotiate 5, there is no advantage to being a Progen or Jenquai Trader. Essentially giving the Scout Build Reactor, means you have an Explorer taking away the 1 advantage that the PT and JT, have over the TT. So the Terran Explorer would essentially be putting 2 Trade classes out of business, in building. That shoudldn't happen.

Have a Scout toon myself, I don't think that the Scout is bad at all. The only thing Scouts really need is to have improvements on their trianing area, their last 2 skills implemented, and some class specfic equipment. The Scout is adequate in Combat, has firepower equal to the Terran Tradesman, more speed than the TT, (Navigate 7, L9 devices, plus Afterburn to be added) can use the Mercurius/Halley/Trifid engines to get their sig down, as well as can use the Fornax Australis line of devices (that JE's use) to boost their reactor recharge (Activated). Had no problem killing things over her combat level by simply kiting them. Scanners just as powerful as a PE, more powerful than a JW or JT before buffs.

PT would still be welcome in Combat due to his firepower being comparable to the TW, but why would the PT bother with building if the Scout can outcompete in Reactors and the TT in everything else?

The JT might find a job helping Miners with orefield guardian mobs, at L150, well maybe, since she can buff your reactors & recharge shields, and Warriors might find killing Manes to be a waste of time and ammo. (They can make more money and better loot elsewhere) However if the Scout can build reactors, than there's not much point to building as a JT, which would really suck since on a JT, by the time you reach 150 you will have earned enough points to max all your combat skills except Fold Space & Projecitle Weapon, Max Beams and Reactors, L8 Shields/Devices/Engines, and 2 build skills, one of which should be Build Reactor.

Oh and Device build on a Scout isn't bad at all. The ONLY class that can outperform a Scout on device building is the Terran Tradesman. Scout can build every device that a Sentinel, Explorer, Defender, or Seeker can build, without racial restrictions, and do it for less money (except for JT who can match price). I don't see any reason for the Scout to complain about Build Devices.

The whole point of having different races and classes is that there should some things that others are better at than your race. In the case of Terrans, Progen and Jenquai can build reactors, you cannot. In return, you get larger cargo holds, access to L9 engines, the ability to use or build equipment from all 3 races (Progen/Jenquai cannot), and all your Terrans can Negotiate, for more lower prices buying/building from NPCs, while having higher prices selling to NPCs.

Apologies beforehand if it sounds a little bit harsh,

But are you copy pasting your replies as most of this you say on a weekly basis...

Not that I'm trying to discredit your post as most of it are just plain facts, but I'm just wondering if you are autistic and prefer repetivive behaviour?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Why would you say something like that? I would discourage you from insinuating or otherwise calling someone autistic...

I understand that you may want to comment on how long this thread's been going, but such comments go too far.

• Upvote 1

Why would you say something like that? I would discourage you from insinuating or otherwise calling someone autistic...

I understand that you may want to comment on how long this thread's been going, but such comments go too far.

Now you are basically saying it is bad to ask or call someone autistic. That is not true as some of the greatest minds were very likely autistic, eg. Einstein, Newton, Darwin, Da Vinci etc etc etc. Just google it and see the comprehensive list.

Therefore if anything it is a compliment and not an insult, so why the attempt at incriminating?

Edited by Tyran

Hi

At this time we are not contemplating any changes to engines. We thank all of you for your ideas, and may look at this after we go live.

Riia