BBW Access via Paramis = Denied!

Ok guys, we need to remember we are not in a live server setting here, it is a test, so keep the expectations checked with that consideration. The idea that mobs need to be kept easier etc. to keep things playable is ridiculous. This new difficulty of the mobs need to be actually TESTED and then it should be seen if it is a good difficulty to keep or needs rework, don't simply whine about it. We also need to realize that to say adding content should be the last priority is ridiculous.. what kind of playing would be done then? how would a stress test even be possible without content? how would new bugs be found out then? Also, many bugs get resolved and reoccur, it happens all the time, its not like the bugs are not being worked on.

And as far as the auto-reg issue is concerned, many people seem convinced that the devs just did it on a whim... well I can tell you that I played both on andromeda and clearly remember there always being autoregister. Obviously some of us remember otherwise, but many of the devs remember it as such, and it was also necessary to stop the trade run shortcuts.

But yeah, announcements about large changes are definitely needed...I don't mind personally, but obviously its very detrimental to community relations to put out these kinds of changes without a single word. So, devs and gms, please take out the time to make posts about changes to the server more often, its not something you can ignore with project in the open stages.

Agreed. Content, especially new content is needed, since we've got a lot of testing to do before this game reaches beta, much less live. Agreed with you on auto-register, I remember it too. When doing Fishbowls, registering/docking at F7 was a good idea, so that I could Summon myself (my JW) back there when it was done, for the lotto of all tradable loot items. (Would keep my PE there too, incase my JW won something that he couldn't put in his hold, due to already having one.)

Bumping mob difficulty and then gating off the sector with 85% of these mobs doesn't make any sense if the intention was to test boss mob AI. What little end-game was in place to test is now basically blocked.

Right now all this change does is create a faction-grind stress test and chavez camping for the next week or two. Bump up faction gains by 100x, get some stats, then divide that by 100 to get info on grinding duration if that's what the goal was. I don't know why else that gate faction enforcement would have been implemented as it is nothing more than a time sink. It obviously works, due to this thread, so we can turn it off now and go test raid content and group content.

Right now all this change does is create a faction-grind stress test and chavez camping for the next week or two

And whats wrong with that? Faction farming is an important part of the game, and I imagine the continuous farming of specific spawns is good stress-testing material. But, I don't know the status of the faction bugs, so maybe it does need a temporary turn-off...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok guys, we need to remember we are not in a live server setting here, it is a test, so keep the expectations checked with that consideration. The idea that mobs need to be kept easier etc. to keep things playable is ridiculous. This new difficulty of the mobs need to be actually TESTED and then it should be seen if it is a good difficulty to keep or needs rework, don't simply whine about it. We also need to realize that to say adding content should be the last priority is ridiculous.. what kind of playing would be done then? how would a stress test even be possible without content? how would new bugs be found out then? Also, many bugs get resolved and reoccur, it happens all the time, its not like the bugs are not being worked on.

And as far as the auto-reg issue is concerned, many people seem convinced that the devs just did it on a whim... well I can tell you that I played both on Andromeda and Galileo and clearly remember there always being autoregister. Obviously some of us remember otherwise, but many of the devs remember it as such, and it was also necessary to stop the trade run shortcuts.

But yeah, announcements about large changes are definitely needed...I don't mind personally, but obviously its very detrimental to community relations to put out these kinds of changes without a single word. So, devs and gms, please take out the time to make posts about changes to the server more often, its not something you can ignore with project in the open stages.

In another post there may be an explanation as to why it seems half the folks here remember there being an auto-register and half remembering there wasn't one. In a nutshell, there may have been split functionality. Towing upon death returned you to your last docked starbase, but level 7 JD summon (RTB) went to last registered rather than the last docked. True or not, this does seem plausible and would account for the differences in opinion.

Anyways...

With regards to fixing the trade run exploit. There's no question that the devs should've done something. But what they chose to do and how they did it is suspect, and downright disrespectful to the community in my opinion. There were other ways to fix it simply by fixing bugs/functionality, and not by introducing something that wasn't needed (i.e. auto-register).

1) WH nukes trade goods by 50% each time - this has been in place all of ST4, nothing new here.

2) Towing for any reason should nuke trade goods by 50% each time - I believe this was recently added.

3) Adjust the trade xp algorithm so that only 100% quality trade goods get trade xp.

Done. Is there a loophole here? Did auto-register need to be added? Not at all, it's not expressly needed to overcome the exploit.

On topic... Turning on the faction aspect of the Paramis gate without first resetting everyone' factions, or hell I don't know... maybe first having a fully fixed faction tab, is downright silly. If you want to test faction to try and figure out the faction tab bug, the way to do it is to tell people you need them to focus on faction grinding for a few days to diagnose the issue, NOT by shutting the gate off and then expecting people to go do it anyways, while chuckling in the back that you've achieved the testing you wanted.

The last few days have really shown how the nebulous DEV team have very little respect for the work they do, or the people they're doing it for. The entire EnBEmu community suffers for this, including the DEVs themselves. We're all in it together, and really that includes the DEVs/GMs/etc. Without the DEVs there's no game. Without the players there's no game. Why would you willfully alienate the entire community?

And whats wrong with that? Faction farming is an important part of the game, and I imagine the continuous farming of specific spawns is good stress-testing material. But, I don't know the status of the faction bugs, so maybe it does need a temporary turn-off...

This statement requires that specific testing of spawn areas is desired and actively being monitored by someone on the DEV team and was the express purpose of the test cycle. When there's no statement about why they did it, you can easily just say they didn't care and just decided to do it. You're giving them the benefit of the doubt, and right now I have to ask myself, do they really deserve that?

I'm kind of a fan of line commands (Linux user here, though I play Emu from a WinBox) ... and I really think having more player /slash commands would be the bee's knees.

/showfaction

would be nice to see a list of current faction standing printed out in the computer chat box/terminal, particularly as a debugging tool when the graphics are borking up.

/showfaction -h | grep dragon

:D

And whats wrong with that? Faction farming is an important part of the game, and I imagine the continuous farming of specific spawns is good stress-testing material.

Faction farming works, why are we testing it again? Farming of paramis drones has been done to death without issue, so mob respawning, that's also covered and works. Gate faction: ok that works too.

Faction display and retention? Not working correctly in all cases, let's fix that before enforcing area faction rules?

Putting 200 players in the fishbowl with infinite HP and ammo against 200 mobs - that would be stressful. Having people shoot chavez and progens won't stress anything. You'll get a handful of players per spawn point, and the rest will say screw it and go work on wife faction instead given this is a non-live "why am I time sinking in a p-wipe stage" game.

Edit: Just as a side-note, maybe this gate change wasn't intended, and we are all getting our knickers in knots over a mistaken change. Patch notes or something would be good to cut out speculation of intended/not, but that's already been discussed to death without going anywhere.

• Upvote 1

And as far as the auto-reg issue is concerned, many people seem convinced that the devs just did it on a whim... well I can tell you that I played both on Andromeda and Galileo and clearly remember there always being autoregister. Obviously some of us remember otherwise, but many of the devs remember it as such, and it was also necessary to stop the trade run shortcuts.

I played on Gali from Beta till Sunset and I can say that's not the case.

As to the "trade run shortcuts" - if that's about PW's SD'ing into BBW then I don't understand. Same as WH damages goods a SD should damage goods, too. The net effect (as it is with WH) is that the profit/XP gain from a shortcut'd route should be roughly equal, expressed as XP/time, as making the whole run. If SD wasn't damaging goods then why not?

I am in total agreement here. The game has been ruined since this weekend. Please undo the difficulty increase and work on the existing issues and on getting more players in here. There are not enough players currently to support the level of difficulty the mobs now display. It is pretty unplayable for the casual player with limited time/no time to solicite groups. Personally I tried and it is not even fun anymore since the mobs are insanely harder. Why did you make them so damn difficult?

Done. Is there a loophole here? Did auto-register need to be added? Not at all, it's not expressly needed to overcome the exploit.

On topic... Turning on the faction aspect of the Paramis gate without first resetting everyone' factions, or hell I don't know... maybe first having a fully fixed faction tab, is downright silly. If you want to test faction to try and figure out the faction tab bug, the way to do it is to tell people you need them to focus on faction grinding for a few days to diagnose the issue, NOT by shutting the gate off and then expecting people to go do it anyways, while chuckling in the back that you've achieved the testing you wanted.

The last few days have really shown how the nebulous DEV team have very little respect for the work they do, or the people they're doing it for. The entire EnBEmu community suffers for this, including the DEVs themselves. We're all in it together, and really that includes the DEVs/GMs/etc. Without the DEVs there's no game. Without the players there's no game. Why would you willfully alienate the entire community?

I'm done.......it "was " fun to play ,...not so much anymore for me. This new content is more like a job than a game...Watch the player count drop....spend more time fixing what was broken , not make it more of a grind (IMHO) just to be wiped at any moment*. I loved LIVE and loved being able to play again, but im not in to grinding. I should spend more time on wife faction than RD. In some ways i'm glad you have killed it for me,...ill spend more time with wife and kids. The player count has allready dropped today, not becouse of connection probs, becouse of content probs. It was different in live with thousands of players on at one time and large guilds to help, now it's down to 100 or 200 on at a time, with everyone camping chavez. Call me a cry baby if you want, but i dont think that i am the only one that feels this way. If so, oh well. Only time will tell. Had fun seeing all you people and playing the best game ever. Just shows, you can't bring back the past. PM me if you make it fun again. PEACE OUT!!

Paramis and BBW shut off now? WTF?! The real ony end level game in the games current state is to kill in paramis and bbw.

I get my main to 150 to level my support alts up and then have fun with them in paramis and bbw. Wtf is there to do if those secotrs are now cut off??? guess there's no reason to continue working my alts at all now. THIS REALLY SUCKS!

I hope this will be fixed because if not I have no reason to waste the time leveling my alts any further.

The little bit of high level content that was, is getting taken away. Why not just put the level cap at 75-100 and call it a day. If you want the people testing this out to continue to do boring, and mostly broken low level missions then you are going to end up with just a very few people left in his community.

So while you guys may be getting closer to whatever goals you may have, you are slowly and surely getting rid of your most loyal followers. What good is a MMO if there are only 10-20 players who have any interest in it.

I also loved playing on live. But just like someone else said, Canc. I think, i'm not into grinding either.

So, while it is your right since you are the devs and server owners, gm's etc, to not include this community in any decisons you make, when you have chased off the last few loyal players, you will probably wish you had, and listened to them.

Guest Builder / Growlz / Byakhee

With the various online resources showing exactly what spawns where with what drops % are you that stunned with amazment that little high end content is in the game and if you have heavily relied on BBW thats not that effective as a game what we have here is content increasing over time with added tweaks as that is what a stress test is a continual advancement of content without any breaks or punctuations until the game is ready for a full alpha or beta tests where content and everything should be here for the playerbase please insert punctuation because this is a stress test paragraph

....,,.,!!;;[]*

work computer