A better Account Vault experience.

This tool makes the account-vault page click-to-select instead of drag-and-drop! (among other things)

The Account Vault page is annoying to use. Drag-and-drop is slow. The tooltip likes to pop up under the mouse and left-clicking (which happens when your mouse switches are failing like mine; new ones on order) pops open a new tab instead of doing what you wanted. So, I decided to fix it. Asking for permissions has never gotten me very far here (or in life in general) so I just made what I wanted to exist. Now I share it, same as I do with all my wiki edits.

https://imgur.com/FMFVUkq

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/486075-net-7-account-vault-filters

"What is it?"

This is a tampermonkey/greasemonkey (and probably other similar software) script to add filters to the Account Vault page. How those applications work is basically just injecting javascript into the page and having certain functions run when it's useful. Tampermonkey and Greasemonkey are browser extensions, if you've never heard of them. If you install any-ole user script they CAN do very bad things, like steal passwords, fill your page with ads, etc. The link above shows the source code for what I'm doing, and you can clearly see none of that is going on.

"What changed?"

• Drag-and-drop is replaced by click-to-select (click again, either on the item in the inventory or in the transfer slots) to remove.
  • The old functionality of left-click (opening the Database page for that item) is moved to ctrl-click
  • Visual filters to let you quickly see the items you are most likely to want to move and whether they are selected (green) or not.
    • More filters are planned, but just what I have now is incredibly useful, not just for miners.

"How do I use this?"

1. Review/wait for comments to confirm I am not doing anything nefarious in the source code.
  2. Install Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey (both exist for FF and Chrome AFAIK, but it used to be one was the FF version and the other was the chrome version).
  3. Go to https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/486075-net-7-account-vault-filters
  4. Click on "Install this script"
  5. It will pop up a box with an 'Install' button
  6. Go to the Account Vault page
  7. Happy filtering

By default, tampermonkey checks for updates to scripts every day. It  should inform you of updates, but I have not verified this procedure yet. What I have now is not the final form I see for this, but it is still very, very useful, so I wanted to share it as I continue to work on it.

"What is this NOT?"

• It doesn't automate anything.
  • It doesn't send any data anywhere. Not even to the net-7 servers (it lets the actions that are already on the page do that!)
  • It doesn't log anything

"What would I like to add/planned features?"

• Additional filters:
    • PM-only
    • Quality% via > # (so, only show items > 190% quality, for example)
    • Stack Size > # (so, show me stacks only > 199 items)
      • I'd love to have a 'full stacks only' checkbox, but the page doesn't contain the max stack size for items, so I'd need to hard code in the stack size for every item in the game (and there's literally 10,000+ items). Not really a good idea. Even if I just limited it to items with a stack size > 1, that's still 1000s of items.
    • Item Name (it would be a 'contains' match, so CE3K would work, as would Asmo, etc)
  • Allow filters to be combined (right now level filters can be combined, but combining PM-only with level filters takes a bit of code I haven't written yet. I know what to do, it's just a matter of writing it, and how much people want that)
  • Filters beyond what is listed above would require dev support, as I can only work with the information already included in the page.

"Notes for the Devs"

Correct. I didn't ask you or tell you I was doing this. Now I have the thing I want and if I'm the only one who uses it, it still makes my life WAY better. So, I'm happy. You're welcome to look at what I've done and roll it into the page.

On a development front, it is strange to me that the character list gets rebuilt every time the page changes. Like, if I load the vault for a character, the entire left-sidebar list of characters is rebuilt. Seems...excessive. Not sure if that's intentional or not.

Also, can someone tell me (in a PM is fine) why you guys are sending CSS, Javascript, and HTML all in one response to the page? Why not just send a JSON object like most web pages and render that into the page content? It's not 'wrong' it's just strange. And WAY more data than needs to be sent.

https://imgur.com/vqsXGXl

For anyone curious, the above is what it looks like if you try to click on one of the 'red' items. It will let you select it and transfer it. I always assume you know what you're doing and don't try to get in your way. As I've said, the filters are visual only.

Edited by Doctor
Moved images to imgur to free up forum space.
  • Like 2

That's pretty slick.  Thanks for contributing.  Right now other than the sometimes obtrusive tooltips I'm OK with the vanilla interface but should I need to it's nice to know this option is there.

Yeah. I can totally add a checkbox to disable the tooltips. I almost have on several occasions. I'll work on that tomorrow.

edit: I have a notification saying Karu quoted me...but I see no post from him?!

Edit2: Ideally I'd just increase the timeout on the tooltip. Right now it displays instantly, but if I could add a, say, 500ms delay, it would probably fix all the problems with it being annoying. I haven't gotten jQuery (fundamentally the tooltip code lives in jquery from net7) and Tampermonkey to place nice with each other so far. I'm sure there's a way, I just haven't found it.

Edited by Doctor

I changed tooltips to 500ms delay.

6 hours ago, Doctor said:

edit: I have a notification saying Karu quoted me...but I see no post from him?!

That was misclick and I deleted my message.

4 hours ago, karu said:

I changed tooltips to 500ms delay.

Ohh...ohhhhh yes. This is SO NICE! Thank you! I can speed-click select stuff without the tooltip getting in the way. ❤️ To be clear, the tooltip is still entirely vital to the page being useful. So this feels like the best of all worlds. And removing the tooltip from the classlist would have been a huge pain since I use it as one of the targeting factors in my querySelectors. :D Thank you!

For what it's worth we're always going to support 3rd party development, as we ourselves after all are 3rd party and can't say otherwise, we just won't be part of the distribution method if it directly involves edits to the client without us being able to see *all* of the related code to ensure we aren't crapping on EA's lawn.

• Like 2