New update BORKS Windows Ultima 7

Okay – so it was months before I could finally get my sweet desktop to work. My Vista machine could never get past Megan. I’d reach her, input my password, hit enter (and even tried gently placing my cursor over Accept) and BANG – crash to desktop.

Well – after spending a few hundred to get my Windows 7 Ultima upgrade, I was delighted to find the EnB screen nestled on my desktop. Wow – my nice HD monitor gave me a Hell of a ride.

Good Job

I’m back to my desktop crashes after this program upgrade.

Okay – so it was months before I could finally get my sweet desktop to work. My Vista machine could never get past Megan. I’d reach her, input my password, hit enter (and even tried gently placing my cursor over Accept) and BANG – crash to desktop.

Well – after spending a few hundred to get my Windows 7 Ultima upgrade, I was delighted to find the EnB screen nestled on my desktop. Wow – my nice HD monitor gave me a Hell of a ride.

Good Job

I’m back to my desktop crashes after this program upgrade.

Anyone having a problem with this upgrade needs to go into properties and make sure it is set for Windows XP. This will solve the problem.

Na, Win 7 is fine, you just have to be prepared to deal with the things that crop up with any OS upgrade. The bigger issue is a user community that only knows what came in the box and don't understand how to work beyond what they got. This isn't a criticism toward those folks. It is just how it is. Being a tech support guy, it keeps me working, provides jobs and if in the process of getting them working they learn something new, all the better. After all, "Its the Clueless that keep us in business."

Not that I'm a Microsoft fanboi or anything like that, but at least they had the forethought to allow us to run older software in XP and other product modes. they could have just as easily said screw you all and left us hanging in the wind. See, even the big boys learn a thing or two on occasion. IMHO of course.

I have Win 7 pro (64bit) . The performance of Win7 is awesome! It's basically XP on steroids!

There are a few things about it I don't care for, most of which I already shutoff, "UAC" for one.

I figure most of it will be resolved with getting used to how it works.

But, yeah, run any older program in XP mode.

Windows Vista user here

After installing client update 52, almost every gating action causes crash to desktop. Before update 52 everything was working great.

By doing a Update Reset seems to have fixed my problem.

Na, Win 7 is fine, you just have to be prepared to deal with the things that crop up with any OS upgrade. The bigger issue is a user community that only knows what came in the box and don't understand how to work beyond what they got. This isn't a criticism toward those folks. It is just how it is. Being a tech support guy, it keeps me working, provides jobs and if in the process of getting them working they learn something new, all the better. After all, "Its the Clueless that keep us in business."

Not that I'm a Microsoft fanboi or anything like that, but at least they had the forethought to allow us to run older software in XP and other product modes. they could have just as easily said screw you all and left us hanging in the wind. See, even the big boys learn a thing or two on occasion. IMHO of course.

You're exactly right, and this was my own fault because it is suggested that this be run in Windows XP compat mode. Just because it worked before this patch didn't mean it was going to work after the patch without doing so. I guess maybe I had a sense of frustration due to my inability to find any way to get EnB to work on my Vista desktop pre upgrade.

I'm just really glad someone in general chat knew the fix when I logged on with my XP machine.