Damage Type Poll

Orga

Vote for the damage type.  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What damage type do you think the majority of mobs do?

• Explosive Only
    • Energy Only
    • Impact Only
    • Both (Impact & Explosive) Only
    • Both (Explosive & Energy) Only

This is funny and I have to ask this hoping the feedback of the players would place their vote, because to many misconceptions of this question are in-game. While one person say's they all do the same damage type, the other says they do 1/2 and 1/2. Sense were in aplha testing I think it would be logical to ask what once and for all is true to the majority damage type the mobs do in-game. I did see emp being used my self recognized it from the progen sprite beam effect from one of the mobs.

So I devised a poll to get real results if you the players would please participate in this poll. Sense we are in testing and this is question is pointing towards the players only in-game not the Devs or GMs. Just honest players should vote and we well see where the majority type of damage the mobs do compared to the 2nd majority because the mobs obviously are not doing the correct type of damage sense ST2.

As a player I feel I am doing no harm by asking such question as it is only to configure my confusion with equipping the only use worthy device to resist even if a small majority uses emp or plasma. I have also searched through 8 newly forum threads thnx to the search engine on this forum site. I have yet to find such a relating thread to this topic. :(

enbdatabase.net-7.org > search under mobs.

Though to be fair, that database is more of a resource for builders (which mob x drops y loot in sector z... etc.)

I'd love to see an expansion on the database to include mob information (aggro/non-aggro, faction association if any, and damage type/damage weakness)

• Upvote 1

Not sure why this is so hard to test. Just grab a Heater, Tower, and Pavis device. Go fight the mobs you are wondering about, then just use the devices one at a time and see which one reduces damage you take. Until damage type colors are added, or some database is created, this is the only way you'll know for sure.

I know that majority of mobs don't have the right damage types implemented, but mob damage type is definitely working, and the colors are showing(correctly it seems, need to do more testing) for where it HAS been implemented content-wise. I know that i've been hit with EMP(was green damage number) which hit my reactor appropriately, and I've been hit with plasma which got a bonus (and the number was purple) against my shields. Also have seen energy hits that I resisted when I had shroud of the optimal in. Of course a lot are doing impact/explosive, but have not tested that much.

enbdatabase.net-7.org > search under mobs.

Though to be fair, that database is more of a resource for builders (which mob x drops y loot in sector z... etc.)

I'd love to see an expansion on the database to include mob information (aggro/non-aggro, faction association if any, and damage type/damage weakness)

same here. the so called, mobs database is more like "loot" database.

ahm you have forgett chemical and plasma :P its a dmg type too B)

the answer is really simple for bios plasma or chem with debuff

for hull/shield explosion/impact/chemical/energy

why is this?

plasma do more dmg on shield chemical more on hull

explosion/impact/energy just for hi crits ;)

so im for mix of a dmg types but 2types max per sector/system

i havent voted since its none off them...when u get hit u can tell by the colour of dmg u take

yellow can be 2 things beams(energy or explosive)

orange is impact(for some reason it seems to be yellow here,but it should be orange)

green is chemical

grey is emp this doesnt do dmg to hull...it drains ur shield and once its gone it will drain ur reactor

purple plasma

for players there is an extra one which is red that is a crit for either energy,explosive or impact

It may still be the case that "Default" damage is explosive, as was a year or 2 ago? Hard to tell, without knowing what the current server code is actually doing, and what the progress is on the mob DB. Used to be, we had all mobs defaulting to a laser. We had to go in for each mob and put in all their equipment & stats & loot items, then go into the itemBase and make sure that the mob's gun was entered correctly with all its stats and correct damage type and ammo type... It wasn't hard, just kinda time consuming, but I don't think very many mobs were ever entered correctly last I knew. Not sure much attention has been given them (in general) since. A few mobs, yes, have received great attention and good job to whomever did that.