She just went *poof*

And before we get a ton of posts on this thread asking whats happening. Here's your answer.

Posted Yesterday, 06:12 PM

Well,

I can't say I didn't know the hammer was falling. [snip]

That's not the tweaking he was talking about. They are doing a content update today Sunday. Since we're in stress test and it's neither beta nor live, no announcement is necessary for a server downtime.

Although this may or may not be a server crash or the content update :)

If I was to hazard a guess, its down to change some of the priviledges per Barracuda's post. So most likely a few hours tops. Of course it could be related to another part of his post, but I'm not even going to mention it and risk the outrage lol.

Correct, this a content update. I heard it yesterday directly from a dev in the game.

Hopefully foldspace for seekers is in there.

Let's give them patience and time, may take any where from 15 min to another four hours to get everything ship shape and running.

Very big thank you to the devs for the update. Good job people.

No, actually about 9 hrs.

And, this is a crash. Not that there may not be some sort of updating taking place or planning on taking place, but the system just crashed last night. If it were scheduled, someone in game would have given us the "log out to save properly" warnings.

It didn't happen, I know, I was on. Also, stop feeding the rumor mills about what may or may not be happening. Because, I can assure you that is a direct violation of the new rules that will be enforced. (See I can do it too!)

Idle speculation and assumptions will make you not just look bad, but not many friends either. And, while this is indeed a stress test and we are playing only because of those on the development team and their hard work, communicating via these boards should be much more a priority than it is. It has always been a challenge to get reliable information as to status of the server when it crashes. That has been about my only major peeve of this project. I would hope that the new intent of the GM's would also be part of solving this as well.

That's not the tweaking he was talking about. They are doing a content update today Sunday. Since we're in stress test and it's neither beta nor live, no announcement is necessary for a server downtime.

Although this may or may not be a server crash or the content update :)

Would be nice to have some info.

Also, stop feeding the rumor mills about what may or may not be happening. Because, I can assure you that is a direct violation of the new rules that will be enforced. (See I can do it too!)

Um the post that I copied and pasted on this thread is not a rumor. If you actually read the forums you will find what I posted was written by the HGM himself. And I have read the rules, and wouldn't be dumb enough to make up some rumor and post it here thats for sure.

• Upvote 1

No, actually about 9 hrs.

And, this is a crash. Not that there may not be some sort of updating taking place or planning on taking place, but the system just crashed last night. If it were scheduled, someone in game would have given us the "log out to save properly" warnings.

It didn't happen, I know, I was on. Also, stop feeding the rumor mills about what may or may not be happening. Because, I can assure you that is a direct violation of the new rules that will be enforced. (See I can do it too!)

Idle speculation and assumptions will make you not just look bad, but not many friends either. And, while this is indeed a stress test and we are playing only because of those on the development team and their hard work, communicating via these boards should be much more a priority than it is. It has always been a challenge to get reliable information as to status of the server when it crashes. That has been about my only major peeve of this project. I would hope that the new intent of the GM's would also be part of solving this as well.

and i was getting someone to rip me some comps to get phosphorus for my lvl 50 pw hull upgrade.

whoever thought a pw can mine was very, very wrong.

you are correct PW CANOT MINE but ps can (progen sential)

Whatever it is... still beats the lags of the original servers some 6 years ago... I am ok with downtimes from time to time, gives me excuse to do other things LOL... I hate lags... lags what drives me NUTS. and honestly, we waited that long to play this game again... 8 to 12 hours is nothing :(

So, thanks to the developer crew here, I am sure they are doing their best to finalize this game once and all.

EnB

Stop being so defensive... sheesh. I can tell you that when the servers went down last night, it wasn't planned. It was a crash, anything beyond that is speculation and or assumption on your part.

Anything copied from another thread is by that very definition being taken out of the context of the original thread. To apply it's perceived meaning to any other topic is again by definition taking it out of context. Now supposition and innuendo may be sufficient for you, but you don't need to share it with everyone.

Stop being so defensive... sheesh. I can tell you that when the servers went down last night, it wasn't planned. It was a crash, anything beyond that is speculation and or assumption on your part.

Anything copied from another thread is by that very definition being taken out of the context of the original thread. To apply it's perceived meaning to any other topic is again by definition taking it out of context. Now supposition and innuendo may be sufficient for you, but you don't need to share it with everyone.

WOW! LMAO! :(