Freely revert to previous hull designs

DSMK2

I'm coming to a point where I want to keep my current ship design, yet want the new weapons slot/inventory size upgrade. Would be nice if you could unlock the various hull designs, and change to them and back at the stations with ship re-customization service. Or is it hardcoded into the client?

Can anyone confirm the above?

Anyways, we could have more ship variation this way :/

"Hardcoded" since Live. But you can always not do a hull upgrade. then you can keep your design. :)

- Marco

seriously as Progen Sentinel i am simple scared of any HU i take...

at the begining my PS looked like cool version of Star Wars TIE Fighter and its more like... i dont know - Space Metal Mushroom? but i dont know if this is from Live or not. bottom line - some of the HU are just plain ugly and saying "you are not forced po do HU" is like telling me i am not forced to Lvl Up.

but i dont know if this is from Live or not. bottom line - some of the HU are just plain ugly...

It was from live, and yes it is ugly in my opinion, others think it looks better the the starting hull. Main reason I don't play as a PS is the look at the level 135 hull upgrade.

...saying "you are not forced po do HU" is like telling me i am not forced to Lvl Up.

No one said you are forced to do anything. If you really like the look of your ship, then don't get a hull upgrade. You can still level up and equip level 1-9 gear on your ship.

Heck, a player over the summer made it to level 150 as the starter JE ship. So it is possible.

- Marco

This is farfetched and unlikely to get added cuz it may be too difficult or take too much time but:

Wouldnt it be cool if your hull upgrade had an option to add just the weapon/device mounts and nothing else(and be changed backwards and forward at any time)...

Several advantages and disadvantages would be gained:

- No speed reduction (with current upgrades you lose about 20-40 speed each time)

- No signature increase (currently your ship gains something like 0.1-0.5 signature per upgrade)

Downsides would be:

- No cargo size increase

- No hull points increase

Kind of a fair tradeoff if you ask me

This is farfetched and unlikely to get added cuz it may be too difficult or take too much time but:

Wouldnt it be cool if your hull upgrade had an option to add just the weapon/device mounts and nothing else(and be changed backwards and forward at any time)...

Several advantages and disadvantages would be gained:

- No speed reduction (with current upgrades you lose about 20-40 speed each time)

- No signature increase (currently your ship gains something like 0.1-0.5 signature per upgrade)

Downsides would be:

- No cargo size increase

- No hull points increase

Kind of a fair tradeoff if you ask me

Would be neat, but the client is picky about it. Each ship has a 0-6 hull designator that the client comprehends. We can modify the weapon/device slots for each hull, but then it will be limited to everybody. As well, the best setup available to the client is a 6/6; six weapons, six devices. So the other guy who was wanting more weapon slots, well... can't go beyond 6.

0 = Starter hull

1 = Level 10

2 = Level 30

3 = Level 50

4 = Level 75

5 = Level 100

6 = Level 135

As you can see, there is no "branching off" factor available. I tried in the past, but the client will not comprehend alternative hull upgrades. I didn't like the hull 1 wing 1 look of a JE at level 135, so I tried to insert an alternative hull upgrade system in. It caused the client to crash. :(

- Marco

Never noticed a siggy increase with all hull upgrades. Does that apply to all races/classes? I'd always though that base hull siggy was .5 for all Jenquai, 2.5 for everyone else, though I did notice that my TW's base siggy is 3.5. I did notice that except for the Solar Sail line of engines, siggy usually goes up some with tech level of engine.

The way the game displays the various hull pieces can be modified client-side, allowing you to display old hull pieces. However, this means no-one else can see it, only you...and it would apply to every other player with the same hull/wing/profession pieces as you.

Though I am not sure if I am allowed to share the details here. >.>

It was from live, and yes it is ugly in my opinion, others think it looks better the the starting hull. Main reason I don't play as a PS is the look at the level 135 hull upgrade.

I love the look of the MagMag ship! I would die if I couldn't obtain that for some reason, hehe.

And no, there is no sig increase on HU.. atleast there as not been on my Sentinel ship

The way the game displays the various hull pieces can be modified client-side, allowing you to display old hull pieces. However, this means no-one else can see it, only you...and it would apply to every other player with the same hull/wing/profession pieces as you.

Though I am not sure if I am allowed to share the details here. >.>

i would kill for that too. i dont care what and how i look for others, i just want to be able to look at my PS without crying lol

is it possible to create all ships lets say - overlays so i can look like PW or JD when being PS? :)