Credit Sink ideas

Terrell

Given this thread I thought it might be a good idea for the players to come up with ideas that get players, especially high end ones, to spend their credits.  An existing one is the build quality grind for those characters a player intends to build with, it's a one time thing for each building character, after which it's no longer a credit sink.  I don't think it's a good idea to make the building players repeat this grind or extending it. 

Quality repair has been brought up in the past as an option, and IMO, it's probably one of the best ideas I've heard, though the details may need to be worked out.  A large sum of credits (say 100M) for 1-5 percent quality, was one of the best I'd heard (cant remember which poster brought it up).  Max quality would be 125% for such items, unless it's a mission reward that's issued at a different quality.  The only non-manufacturable thing I can think of from EnB Origins that was like that was Loony's Special Gizmoblatsit which came at 200%.  Was a nice buff for explorers, long/fast tractor, scan, & signature.  Obviously this would not apply to PM items.  In nearly all cases it wouldn't make sense anyway as rebuilding the item would be the easier path. 

Agrippa also has credit requirements, but other than state II with an invite that only really applies to the Progen.  It's an idea, however, to base other such missions on.  Such missions would have to have rewards worth the time & credits spent, but it's a possibility on which to extract credits out of the players.  The hardest thing would be figuring out the rewards so that it's worthwhile for the players to do them, but not such that the rewards are too powerful for game balance.

So I understand the reason for the credit sink, is there an issue with the amount of credits players have or is this simply something for them to do with their credits? 

For myself, at lower lvls credits were 'tight' (but not bad) for getting gear, however once I hit the higher lvls credits were easy, to the point of being worthless unless I needed a vender item.  Anything done Id like to see not effect lower lvls, well not impact them so much.

Lack of use for credits for the most part, for high level players.  Quality repair would be an example for higher level players.  Lower level players would have little, if any, use for quality repair.  Lower level players would just use the equipment that's been dinged until they get their next equipment upgrade.  I don't think that earning credits should be any more difficult than it already is.  There are good places in game for credit farming, and I think those should stay, but there needs to be more things to spend those credits on than there currently are, in my opinion.  I think this applies to characters that are L150+.  Players that are L140+ and have CL50 can start getting their top level equipment at that point, depending on how they spent their skill points, but once they've gotten their "basic" endgame equipment, they'll mostly barter for the better things.  Even getting said "basic" equipment it's a matter of gathering the resources to make said items, and bringing them to a builder, as the norm seems to be supply your own parts/ores, and find a builder.

The 100 Mill for updating quality was mine back on  13 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/9444-worthless-credits/?hl=keith#entry81679

It keeps balance by not allowing drop only items have their quality improved above 125%.

The 100 Mill for updating quality was mine back on  13 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/9444-worthless-credits/?hl=keith#entry81679

It keeps balance by not allowing drop only items have their quality improved above 125%.

Thanks, I'd forgotten who brought it up, best idea I've heard on the matter of credit sinks.  So far it's the best idea in that it's not unbalancing, gets players to spend credits, and doesn't hurt lower level players.  In addition it may even reduce some camping, since if you can repair an item you already have, no point in camping it for that 125% quality of the same item.

Some of the future missions, in aggregate, will take some credits out of the economy at least for explorers, such as the MCP, Heal the Shear, and Lyle MacDonald's missions.  It's small amounts of credits, mostly at the refine terminal, but small things add up.  It may be the better idea to have more missions that take small amounts of credits out rather than fewer that take large amounts of credits out.  The rewards can then be smaller and are less likely to unbalance the game.  Some of those already exist, expansion over time, may be a good idea.