Worthless Credits

Anyone noticed that the WTBs seem to outnumber the WTSs on Market lately? My theory is that no one sells anything because they don't need credits.  Not only do most players already have millions of credits, but having millions more is meaningless when there's nothing to buy. It becomes a self-reinforcing cycle.

So, how do we make credits meaninful again?

How about some form of tokens?  Make them non-tradeable (otherwise, they'll take the place of credits, too!). Equip them like a device with an activated buff. Once activated, the device is slagged and cannot be used again.  The buff persists through death and/or logout and allows you to....

1. Wormhole to Cooper, Antares, or some other out of the way locale for a couple hours.

2. Gives you a stackable turbo buff for that upcoming RD base raid.

3. Grants you rep, to repair the damage from that past RD base raid.

4. 25% XP boost for the next couple hours.

5. Or any number of crazy ideas we can come up with...

The catch is that they're expensive but useful for max-level chars.  How much should they cost? 10 million per token? 20 million? I don't know. The game designers might be better judges of that than I am.  But get credits out of players hands, and the market might come back a bit.

I was thinking about this the other day... I think it would be an awesome idea... give them something other than ammo and comps...

Everyone that uses builders a lot, makes a builder...

Everyone that needs WH a lot makes a JE...

Everyone that needs ore for ammo to make comps, makes a JE

Most of the long-term players are rather self-reliant and only buy what they can't kill/find/make themselves....

Most of the hard to get items are raid related or very rare spawns, you can't buy them with credits because the people who have those items have BILLIONS of credits...

If we have something to burn money on that is useful, expendable, moderately expensive and frankly addictive (one-use buff items would be addictive) can kick start the credit based economy again...

I think it is an awesome concept and opens the doors to a great deal of content (items), Devs?  Input?

I would suggest that other much larger faults are fixed first their are almost to many to list and have been round a awful long time with seemingly nothing being done about them.

The grind factor the only thing worth while doing is trade jobs everything else pales in comparison time vs xp (and I'm not suggesting you lower xp for trade jobs rather up the xp for other options )

secondly the sheer lack of decent equipment outside of raiding and most of the stuff people are using that aren't raiding are the few items from raids that are printable and tradable and buildable with items outside of raids. otherwise its all garbage

thirdly the stability issues their are always issues with this . don't really need to expand on that.

fourthly the penalty's for teaming the xp gets laughable after u get 2-3 players in a team and maxing a team out is no easy task with the player base as tiny as it is . now correct me if I'm wrong this is a mmo ,Discouraging teaming probably not the way you want to go.

fifthly the whole guild system join 3 guilds after 150 or have very little content options bad enough their are few enough at the end game as it is . This will stop new players joining they'll just leave .

finally please I accept your not being paid for what your doing but I've seen devs that would not back down thinking they are right well your not always it happens suck it up and change things . Your loosing players and going to continue to do so till theirs nothing left if you don't .

Their are many more things that need fixing those are just a few . My point regarding to this post credits are the least of the emus concerns.

• Upvote 2

Remove credits from circulation.

Maybe a monthly dev-run lottery. This months prize - Glare of Devastation:

- Entry price - oh say 50 million - 1 ticket per user (not per toon or per account)

- Prize goes to winners toon of choice

(Actually this would burden the devs but I lived in Reno for a few years once and it slanted my thinking - lol)

I would suggest that other much larger faults are fixed first their are almost to many to list and have been round a awful long time with seemingly nothing being done about them.

The grind factor the only thing worth while doing is trade jobs everything else pales in comparison time vs xp (and I'm not suggesting you lower xp for trade jobs rather up the xp for other options )

secondly the sheer lack of decent equipment outside of raiding and most of the stuff people are using that aren't raiding are the few items from raids that are printable and tradable and buildable with items outside of raids. otherwise its all garbage

thirdly the stability issues their are always issues with this . don't really need to expand on that.

fourthly the penalty's for teaming the xp gets laughable after u get 2-3 players in a team and maxing a team out is no easy task with the player base as tiny as it is . now correct me if I'm wrong this is a mmo ,Discouraging teaming probably not the way you want to go.

fifthly the whole guild system join 3 guilds after 150 or have very little content options bad enough their are few enough at the end game as it is . This will stop new players joining they'll just leave .

finally please I accept your not being paid for what your doing but I've seen devs that would not back down thinking they are right well your not always it happens suck it up and change things . Your loosing players and going to continue to do so till theirs nothing left if you don't .

Their are many more things that need fixing those are just a few . My point regarding to this post credits are the least of the emus concerns.

I think these are valid concerns.. deserving of their own posts.. being a comment on this one probably is not the best way to be heard.

The OP had a concern and an idea to solve that concern... He posted it.. it is a great idea, but you are right, there are other concerns.. there always will be... But I am glad the OP posted, it shows people are always looking for ways to improve things!

You should go down your list, make a post and put in some ideas how the devs can correct them, they may or may not be able to do them, but at least the idea is out there for debate...

Great thread!

How about a credit sink that would improve the quality of non-manufacturable items. Perhaps $100 million per percentage point.  Up to a maxumum of 125% of course.  This could be a new race based skill (JS, PP, TS?), mission based, terminal based.... 

All players will spend their money getting their uber gear to 125%

100 mill per % yeesh yes i have more credits then sence but most would define me as a hardcore player. Gotta think of the casuals too a know quite a few at 150 who dont play enough to have much over a 100mill between toons. I think its to much simply cause it would widen the gap between hardcore and casual and its far to wide already.

Great thread!

How about a credit sink that would improve the quality of non-manufacturable items. Perhaps $100 million per percentage point.  Up to a maxumum of 125% of course.  This could be a new race based skill (JS, PP, TS?), mission based, terminal based.... 

All players will spend their money getting their uber gear to 125%

I think this is a great idea, too. I'm not a programmer, and I don't have the slightest idea how the game works, but I sorta envision the tokens as "pocket GMs," able to bend basic game mechanics or bestow things that would normally be impossible for the player/class. Your idea may also prevent farming of items to get the max percentage after the player has already gotten a previous drop.

The trick, as always, is to strike that balance between making the tokens both desirable and reasonably obtainable without being OP.

100 mill per % yeesh yes i have more credits then sence but most would define me as a hardcore player. Gotta think of the casuals too a know quite a few at 150 who dont play enough to have much over a 100mill between toons. I think its to much simply cause it would widen the gap between hardcore and casual and its far to wide already.

Then maybe those casual players don't need the % bump? We're not looking for a one-size-fits-all fix.  Also, I hate to bring this up in an MMO conversation, but we're not all equal as much as people wish it were true.  Some people have more money (credits) and some people have less money (credits). Some people work hard (hardcore players), and some people just sorta meander and coast along (casual players).  Some people are MMA fighers (PWs) and some people are Theoretical Physicists (JEs).

The tokens would have mulitple uses and multiple values to cater to different players and levels of interest.  Maybe the token that grants the 25% XP buff would be more useful to a lowbie, therefore it would be less expensive.  Maybe the token that grants a single skill point would me more useful to a mid-level character, therefore it would be a bit more expensive. Maybe the token that grants a "Return to Base at Paramis Station" for a few hours would be more useful for a OL150, therefore it would be significantly more expensive.

These are just some examples. But make them non-tradeable and make them unique to discourage players from hoarding and/or using them as currency.

These are all good ideas and I will work on seeing what I can come up with also.

I like the idea of temporary buffs, especially for XP to help with the grind.

I think that could work out very well.

As far as the same old equipment, I am already working on specialization items.

I'm certain people will have more fun being able to specialize their class.

This is a total of over 800 items.  45 per spec, 3 specs per class.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, please feel free to add new ideas.

finally please I accept your not being paid for what your doing but I've seen devs that would not back down thinking they are right well your not always it happens suck it up and change things . Your losing players and going to continue to do so till theirs nothing left if you don't .

I agree as well especially on the paucity of endgame gear for those who aren't in the big 3 guilds.  It is a shortcoming, IMO, that after L7 the weapon choices decrease dramatically.   IMO there should be more "average to good" equipment to choose from for all races & classes after L7 that's manufacturable & fairly common.   For the L9 stuff, have most of the "average to good" gear drop both inside & outside of raids.   There was a beam I proposed here that would be something useful, but not awesome.  Say have it as a common drop in a raid, so if you go to the fishbowl most raids 3-5 of them would drop, but also have a few various mobs around the galaxy drop it, though make said drops uncommon, and have it as a rare treat in hulks.   Periodically change the "outside of raid" drop locations, mobs, to discourage anyone trying to "own" the spawns.

Other weapons and equipment of equivalent value could be treated in the same manner.   That way things that are intended to be rare would still remain rare, while people who aren't as hardcore can still be rewarded for their play.  The idea is to make more than one path to a nicely equipped ship, even though the things on the ship would not be as good as the truly awesome items that are intended to be few & far between.

In the future more missions could be added that give prints as rewards.  Start with the Traders.  Make some prints where you've have to be a TT to get the mission, some where you've have to be a PT, and others where you have to be a JT.  These missions would give the recipes to new and desirable, but not awesome equipment, then the parts could be manufacturable and drop in various locations.   Since these are trade classes, make sure some of the rewarded prints are things that are more useful to the PT, TT, or JT to sell them to other players, even players in other races.  Other players would end up paying credits to get said items.  Explorers (all 3) could follow with similar missions, tailored to their build skills.

Making a way to repair "one-shot" items would be another use for credits.  See my Irreplaceable Items thread.  A mission, credits required, would help.

• Upvote 1

Please see what I said above.

You'll be getting alot more item choices when I'm finished:

Please see what I said above.

You'll be getting alot more item choices when I'm finished:

That's good, I very much support the ideas you've expressed on this, in terms of equipment.  It will make the game much more interesting.  That way the awesome items can still be rare enough to be special, while most L150 JEs won't have the same plasma loadout of 2 Pitbull Sr. and an MtL or Ruby Disruptor.  

3 things I'm especially looking forward to for my explorers are the Mars Construction Project, Heal the Maelstroms, and the Lyle McDonald mission chain.  Assuming they work like EnB Origins, they will be nice, though the Terran Scout will need something to make up for them being ineligible for the rewards given by Lyle McDonald.  (Bogeril hate Terrans, though especially EarthCorps, for valid storyline reasons and the devices Lyle rewards cannot be used by the Terran Scout.).  I'd love to see these old missions used as a template for making additional missions.

I do think that missions for Traders and Warriors, tailored to profession, would be good too, as an addition phased in over time.  Rewards in all 3 cases should be appropriate for the effort required to accomplish the mission.  Also what's necessary to make items, should affect how good the items are.  Better items should require more effort to make.  I do think that the items that were made from the Sturdy Solar Panel, weren't good enough for the effort required to make one.  Perhaps if the Balefire reactors, Fiery Shields, and the JE's device went to L9 it would be better.  IMO the Fiery shields were the best thing from the project, but it was still a welcome content addition in EnB Origins.