More exp for progen missions

madline

Hi there, can u tell me pls why this game hate progens 8), the exp for the starter and later for the skill missions is a joke. For example, for one of the longest mission in game i think the lvl 30 HU mission where u have to do a race across the galxies finaly the amount for this mission is 1000exp Wozzers believe me i fall on my knies and cry for this huge exp rain 8). I never get more than 2k exp for a mission on my PW or PP on other side a TT can grab 2 mission on High Earth 1 from HollyFlanders and 1 fromLouden Mac Ewen at same time, the missions are near around the Loki Station and u have to kill 15 lvl 1 mobs, for this u get 6000exp on combat 3000exp on exploration and 6000exp trade.

U can do this 2 missions in 10 min.

Last day on ST3 i try all Trader Classes TT and JS get nearly the same amount on exp for starter missions 5000-400000exp the PP get 4000 on highest.

SO PLEASE give us progen a mission where we can get same exp and a mission where we get exp. on combat, exploration and trade.

I'll agree that progen missions need exp gains and work. I'll do more in-detailed report on progens when I repeat the 3 progen noobie zones sometime this weekend.

**De-rail**

TW missions need some bugs worked out:

For the hated ML quest for TWs, the following order of operation seems to work for me. Do the starter quests up until the dude has you kill 3 of the relentless drones? (they take about 1/3-1/2 your shields to kill with your 1 beam). He should then send you to Nav Luna to see the chick, bring 2 MLs (buy OR build), put in first 2 slots of your hold. Go to Luna. Talk to chick, move the ML in the first slot to another slot and back, this should trigger the next step, talk to chick again. Now either zone out, or dock. Talk to chick again, this SHOULD complete the quests for MLs. (at work atm, will check order of operations again on another tw when i get home)

TS noobie zone needs the most work imo.(i haven't done PP/JT yet though). But TS has ONE mission, for ore in the one ore field in the zone, with mebbe 10 hydrocarbon ores in it, on a 30min respawn timer i swear. and then there is nothing for the TS until they hit L5 on their own, aka, hunting with a L0 beam, or exploring navs in other zones.

TS build device mission, I would recommend the NPC just flat out GIVES you the pattern to make the chemical inhibitor for you to build instead of having to analyze it. (my TS failed the damned thing 3 times)

TS build engines: the mission is asking me to build a L3 Gliding harrier, I have no plans to level her build engines skill, I do not want to waist 3 SP for a mission. Recommend changing it to a "Getco Harrier" the L1 version in the station vendor.

JE/JD noobie zones are great:

(but I do HATE HATE HATE driving on planets as a L15 with only 200ish impulse on a planet >.<) Also, the Evil shroom adds for the JD mission will still see through cloak and murder you when you try to get the quest credit. There is some sort of problem with the hunting training navs in the northern-east end of the JD noobie zone, space is just... wonky.... there, as if everything gets out of sync when you go up there.

The hulks/ore fields in the JE noobie zone are AWESOME!!!

the TT noobie zone is good, my only issue is, yes, I know a tt is all about making the monies, but requiring 25k for 3+ish skills is a bit nuts for a low level tt unless you grind the scuttles for hours or start off doing early trade runs. I get more of a sense of "I'm a greedy Terran trader ass" via reading the mission dialogs (like the later TS missions in Margesi which are great) than having to go out and grind scuttles for awhile so I can afford my next skill. 25k for befriend, ugh... if I wasnt a completionist and if some skills didn't have a order of operation to get your next skill, I'd never get befriend.

some slight bugs for TT missions:

shield charging atm, and a fix for the proper level to get hull patch, walsh not always wanting to give up build components. Might be an order of operation of missions causing this bug as well.

Again, I have yet to completely go through the PP and JT noobie zones, and atm have no plans to do the JT zone (I have a tt and will have JE/PP, who needs a silly JT?)

IMO, a goal could be for noobie classes to hit OL15ish via missions (5/5/5 mebbe)(not grinding at all) before they leave the noobie zone. THEN one can choose whether to grind mobs/explore/mine/trade runs etc.

*update*

PP noobie area....

Ok well, it has a nice amount of quests right off... then you finish it, and they give no exp, and I'm level 1... from explore exp. So I get to go grind with my beam and L1 PL till whatever level... That first chain needs to give exp in all 3 areas in order to boost a noob toon to 6 or so, to smooth out progression. (currently grinding my noobie pp now... will get back to ya)

JT Expierence for completing her newb missions is quite good. Better than both my JE and JW's XP. My JT was around L20 after completing Training, early skill missions, plus Master Sevti's mission. Only thing needed on JT's trainee missions is an NPC to learn the Fold Space skill. I also think L60 is a little high to first learn Build Reactor. Other than that they're fine. I agree on the Progen missions, have a PT, and it's a pain to get her done. She needs more missions, and I agree on the Scout. Scout training is in need of major work. Haven't played a TT, PW, or PE so I cannot comment about those. TW missile is a pain, I agree, the rest is fine once you learn to use MLs.

On the Scout, I agree, all build skill missions should be doable with L1 build skill. I really like how the devs did the build components/build engines mission on the JT. You have to get the ores to make a component to update the mission, build a component, then build an engine with the parts you're given (and the one you made), all are L1 and you get to keep the engine at the end. The challenge with the JT mission is using the right dialogue choices. Getting the ores is easy, had my JE mine and refine them, and my TW help transfer the ores between chars.

On the TS... as much as I like speaking to Executive Sourpuss (can't remember her name, but she the older woman NPC that threatens to have you executed for daring to speak to her) on Earth Station and going "Woot! Hull Upgrade Complete!"...

... I suspect that the TS hull upgrade missions and the horrifically long bonus mission are in the works.

On the TS... as much as I like speaking to Executive Sourpuss (can't remember her name, but she the older woman NPC that threatens to have you executed for daring to speak to her) on Earth Station and going "Woot! Hull Upgrade Complete!"...

... I suspect that the TS hull upgrade missions and the horrifically long bonus mission are in the works.

depends on how they go about it. If they just copy the current terran hull missions, then it is pretty ezmode compared to progens still. If they make up brand new ones, it could be interesting, but I have to give credit to the TS dev, the TS missions have been awsome so far imo. If they fix that dead zone of the first 5 levels of the TS, they would be pretty good to go, not quite up to par to the JE/JD missions, but still fun.

Now... the sadistic masochistic progen dev(s) on the other hand... the first 2-4 PP missions were a lesson is sadism.... gravity wells are hell at 120 impulse. change it to "malfunctioning gravity well projector" and remove the gravity-well, and it would work just fine and still follow the mission.

And again, add more EXP or any exp at all for progen missions. The noobie zones are meant to introduce new players to the game and get them to stay and enjoy it. Not to abuse them and run them off. Noobie missions are not the time to go with the "progens are hardened warriors, therefore their missions should be hard!"