ammo building

Would of be possible to code ammo to be created In the exact same manner as ore refinement has? It will create one or rhw total number based off how many components you have say 250 for a stack etc.

Is it possible?

Would players be for this?

Would devvs be for this?

I find myself often buying vendor ammo for anything other than boss farming or raids as making ammo stacks 1 by 1 foe multiple toons is insanely time consuming especially when 6 of 9 total chars are ammo users in game.

I second this petition.  Anyone who has a PS or TS would support this.  It is a pain to have to make ammo for yourself, let alone making ammo for another toon which can't make them on their own.

I know that this can be done with a macro, but I am no fan of using it.

The only problem I see with the proposal is that - unlike the refinery terminal where refined ores stack - your cargo hold cannot hold a total of 250 ammo stacks.  The # of ammo stack should be limited to your available cargo space. 

With that said, I am afraid we would hit the wall of our inability to modify the client codes.

May be we can make another type called "container ammo" e.g. "Type-B mega-ammo - Explosive" where an empty container can be filled with 10-50 ammo stacks of type-B explosive, or something like that (It was proposed by someone earlier in this forum).  With this introduction of mega-ammo container, we can circumvent the client app limitation.

Could we at least shorten the delay between pressing the button and getting it made.  Right now it is ca-chnuka, ca-chnuka,

ca-chnuka, done.

Could we press the button a little faster. Or, maybe a lot faster. 

There is no need to calculate quality, as it is all 'superior'.  Components are checked before it allows pressing the button.  Do we 'need' the delay?

Same thing with components, anything that stacks.

What I think ultimately should happen on the PE, Scout ammo issue, is similar to what was in EnB Origins.  The PE, as a reward for the MCP got the ability to build Threaded Archos ammo with a device they got as a reward.  I don't know if it was the device itself, or if the PE had to build said device.  Give the Terran Explorer one for threaded Zet Ammo, so they get something similar to what the PE got.  The JE got the Gaze of Amah for their item, so giving the Scout would complete the set for the explorers.   

This was when the EA devs upgraded the rewards for the Mars Construction Project, perhaps the improved rewards can be introduced at the start of the MCP, rather than later on.

For the most part the explorer classes should have to go to warriors or traders for their weapons, and as applicable ammo.  I do think that a few exceptions are okay, since it was like that in the original game, but I wouldn't favor explorers having more than a very few exceptions to this. 

That would be a semi acceptable alternative for me. An item or device that allowed the creation of much bigger ammo stacks etc to compensate for the component build time. Im only 33 and it literally hurts my hands to sit there and click a button like 600 times to make a stack of comps for ONE ammo source I.E. projectiles etc. There has to be a better way.