Mining Raids

Yeah!  Mining raids in level 9 hulk fields!

Nothing less would be worth the effort.

A "mining raid" if it were to be implemented, would require all 9 classes.  It would require both the defeat of the necessary mobs, and the miners to clear out fields, both within a certain amount of time.   It can fail on either front if either the fighters or miners fail in the completion of their tasks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure that I agree that all raids must require all nine classes.  There are raids, big raids and really big raids.  The smaller raids may only need one full group, if it uses the right mix and tactics.

A small mining raid might require holding off MOBs while miners... mine.  If you could not see what the hulks/roids held until you mined them you would pretty much have to clear the field to make sure you didn't leave the best stuff behind.  Of course the roid preview would have to be turned off, also.

And/or allow miners to see what they are mining, but disengaging before empty would turn it into a 'nasty' pop rock/hulk.  A 'nasty' pop would take away at least half your hull and generate a boss level MOB. 

Any pop rocks/hulks in the field would have nothing to distinguish them.

I'm sure others can come up with even better ideas.

Don't forget the need for hauling. Perhaps a time-sensitive element of refining after hauling the ores a sector or two away to the nearest station with a refining terminal. In that, one can include the Traders, Privateers, and Seekers. Now a second set of miners would have to be on-station to receive the ores and refine them. Grouping this set with the ore runners would be nice as the Tradesmens' Negotiate group buffs and skills would add to the net outcome and be a goal of the raid.

Mine X ores, run them to station Y, refine these specific ores Z1-9, and make a TON of credits for me. Oh, and watch out for the fauna and ore pirates. They've been eyeing the claim and seem ready to fall upon any operation that is not well guarded. IF you can do that, I'll match my corporation's contribution. Now scram.

Just an input.

Via satellite, this is the Pakkrat. Edited by Pakkrat

For a mining raid, I don't think we need to require hauling & refining.  Instead have a bunch of mobs that you'll need warriors to kill, the mobs could start at around CL55 in the first wave, while the warriors kill them, the miners need to clear L7 orefields.  After that's done everyone gets 5 minutes to recover.  Second wave with CL60 mobs, and L8 orefields that need clearing.   If it's cleared in time and the mobs killed in time, then the final wave comes after a 5 minute break.  L9 orefields and mobs in the 63-64 range, and clearing the last orefields spawns the CL66s.    When the final boss is killed, the best rewards come.  Failure to complete both the required mining & killing in the necessary time frame fails the raid.

The 55s could drop various L8 gear, and L9 junk loot in sufficent quantities, so that the warriors who loot them can turn a profit after ammo costs.   The mobs in the second wave could drop a mix of L8 and L9 gear, but none of the top of the line L9 things.  These things could be "middle of the road" L9 items.  Things that Traders with the prints for the items, and the comp prints can produce with the right ores.  (no parts that are both non-manu & loot only).   

For successful completion of the raid, the CL66 mobs drop the best gear.  Here's where some of the items require drops that  can only be obtained from a successful raid to manufacture.  Other things could be manufacturable, without needing special drops, but no trade, so the class that can use it should be the one that loots it, but they can only make it for themselves.   Still other rewards could be non-manu, non-trade, or both.  The biggest bosses, could have a few items in their loot tables for all classes.  It should take several raids to get all possible drops to drop once.

The explorers profit from the sales of the ores they mine, though they'll have to trade some of them to the traders to make room in their cargo holds.  (Trader & explorer can work something out there)   There could also be a tradeable turn in that appears only in the mining raid, and the L9 wave of mining, that is accepted by an NPC somewhere.  The NPC then requires you to turn in multiple stacks (300 per stack) of said turn in towards nice items.  The items could be 3-5 stacks for L8 and low end L9,  10 stacks for middle of the road items,  and 20 or more stacks for high end items.   Not sure how may stacks each explorer should average per raid, but it should be small enough that they cannot afford the best items without doing multiple mining raids.

You'd probably need more explorers, since combat support will be required in addition to mining, and will have to be balanced to get it all done.

TTs would have their usual duties of healing.  PTs would use their firepower alongside the warriors.  JTs would be battery bots, and carry around extra ores/ammo as needed.  Any future equipment buffs that PT or JT are to get in the future would also apply. 

Maybe the mining raid can be instanced like the fishbowl, so the players must account for cargo hold space.  Anyone who leaves before it's done, cannot return.

Make the to mine things lvl7-9 stuff thats not ores.  make the stuff to mine outa this are useless for all but not the mission. something like slagged rocks that have to be refined by an NPC that gives the mission to start the raid...