Net7Proxy.exe has stopped working

Hi, I've been going through the forums trying to find an exact match to my issue but they seem a lil differnt than mine. I ran the launcher a few times to get it to update as it was mentioned it would but now when I try to launch the game, after clicking the play button the window disappears and nothing happens for a good 45sec and then the error window pops up saying the exe has stopped working. The details provided are below. I have uninstalled/re-installed the N7 launcher with the same issue. I'll try again tommorw, maybe even uninstall everything (game and launcher). ty for any help ;)

[size=4][b][color=#0066CC][color=#0066CC]Problem signature:[/color][/color][/b]
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Net7Proxy.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4f5432e7
Fault Module Name: StackHash_51fb
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000ce6c3
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: 51fb
Additional Information 2: 51fbb60b488237a701ec289cca08c79f
Additional Information 3: 281d
Additional Information 4: 281d56e9050a754c26a66f70fb7410a0[/size]

Sigh, I've wiped it all and tried again witht the same error result. I guess it's not ment to be for me and I should just let myself live in the memory of the game that was. Was going through boxes the other day that made me yearn for days gone by when I found my retail copy packed away with my galaxy map. Oh well, I'll keep an eye out incase a fix is found, but for now I will get back to life ;)

Hope you still read this. I don't know for sure, since you did not give much info.

As a blind shot in the dark, if you are running Windows 7, try set compatibility mode to XP-SP3 to all executables in the E&B directory, notably Net-7 Launcher and client.exe. The complete list can be found in the thread titled "Custom Resolution Windows size" or something like that.

Hi Vincent,

Ty for the suggestion, and I noticed someone else in that thread you mentioned had tried all the other modes and finally got it to work so I tried them all as well with no luck. So, poor me is still stuck on the side lines watching... so to speak . I had tormented myself by playing around with the character/ship creator, silly me, shouldn't have done that :(

Cleared everything out, re-downloaded files and..... still no joy :(  The same error occurs when I try to 'play'

Only other thing that might be the cause of the issue was a slight error that occurs in the second update.

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.

InvalidArgument=Value of ‘5’ is not valid for ‘index’.

Parameter name: index.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '5' is not valid for 'index'.

Parameter name: index

at System.Windows.Forms.ListViewItem.ListViewSubItemCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)

at LaunchNet7.FormUpdateReport.DoDisplayUpdateReport()

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

LaunchNet7

Assembly Version: 1.9.9.11

Win32 Version: 1.9.9.11

CodeBase: file:///E:/EA%20Game/Net%207%20Emulator/Net-7/bin/LaunchNet7.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5460 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5462 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Accessibility

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

Soemthing's messed up with the config file for our launcher there.

Go to:

Start > Run..

Type:   %APPDATA%

Click: OK

Go up one level in the folder tree from where it appears, then do a search for "LaunchNet7" and see if you find a folder by this name with user.config files in it. If you do, eliminate them.

My hubby is getting proxy errors and is unable to connect on 3 different pcs in our home....we have played 4 of us on at the same time before on four diff desktops with no issues but as of just hours ago 3 of them see the server as offline and cannot get in.  Any ideas?  Tried everything above in terms of making sure all exe's are running in win xp svc pack 3 and deleting user.config and reinstalling but nothing is fixing the issue.

Thanks!
B

Lot's fix (from the DNS thread, modifying the host file) did the trick for the Proxy error we're having on our pc's but now our browsers can't reach Net 7...any idea what's behind all of this?  Thanks for any/all help!  Cheers!

Edited by Bellatrixxe

Kpy,

After deleteing the files and launching net7 again it now does the thing it did the very first time I launched it... which was to pop up a window to ask me to select the E&B exe file.  I switch it to *.* so that I can find something and I have tried multiple exe files in hopes that one does the trick... but still no luck. it pops up an error saying 'specify the correct client.exe location'

le sigh :(

Soemthing's messed up with the config file for our launcher there.

Go to:

Start > Run..

Type:   %APPDATA%

Click: OK

Go up one level in the folder tree from where it appears, then do a search for "LaunchNet7" and see if you find a folder by this name with user.config files in it. If you do, eliminate them.

• 1 month later...