Oodolf Gets Combat Xp From The Universe?

So, twice now I have created a character (name: Oodolf ship name : Not From Here) as a Terran Tradesman (male) on Sunrise and get an odd effect.

The instant I leave the first station, I start getting combat XP from nowhere.
I'm not grouped. I'm not fighting anything.
The most common mob I seem to be getting xp from is a "warp fang", but I think I've seen one or two others rarely.
I can't even recall where to find those mobs, and am certainly not killing them. (played way back in live before I stumbled on this, Yay and TYVM!)
Trying to time the kills/xp gifts, at times there are a few minutes between instances, but just recently I had a cluster of 4 or so over a few seconds.

I'm running a quad AMD 3.2 GHz on WIn7 with an ATI HD6770, 8GB RAM. I'll be happy to do what I can to figure this out.

Update: Created a Progen Privateer (male, name Kodarin, ship Hard Cache) and experienced essentially the same problem, though the mob type was a "Lava Fang".
Update 2: I created a Jenquai Defender (female) and did NOT have this problem.
Update 3: Created a Jenquai explorer,same problem (male, Name Chodani, Ship Not From Here), xp from "Warp Fang" again. Interestingly, when I was conversing with an npc for a mission the combat xp cause an odd interupt and I was offered the choice of two tasks (instead of the mission I was supposed to be getting), the choices were "RD Jove Hijack" or "ABB Hijack".
Update 4: Sigh. Tried another female character (Terran Enforcer), and still had the problem. Warp Fangs again.
One more comment. The JD above was actually the first character I made and it sits in slot #1. Every other slot (just tried a TS in #5) are having this funky combat xp gift/problem. M/F, any race/class, doesn't seem to make a difference. (including a second JD in #5) Edited by ech09

I create new chars on a regular basis and I just yesterday got the same strange info on a JS i created. I didnt document it as well as ech09, but basically the same thing, combat xp dropped on him without doing anything, like a level and a half over 2 hours of playtime.

I am working on trying to reproduce this bug. I was unable to on the DEV server and thus far have also been unable to on the PLAY server. If there is any more information you could give me I would appreciate it.

Steps I have taken:

- Had a beta tester take his toon to Io while I killed a couple mobs with my toon on Porv mons. No effect.

- Created a new TT and sat it outside of the High Earth station. Also did not reproduce results after a half hour.

Update: Player XrunTT reported 500 combat experience just now off of the Lost Progen mob, he was in New Edinburgh at the time.

There is probably some memory crap going on on live, since Endriago is crashed and somehow causing these "going wild packets".
Live needs to restarted asap, i'll send out a PM.

Logged back in with Oodolf, TT. Current location is in Earth Station.
Still getting Warp Fang XP periodically.
RW time is 10:28 AM Pacific.
Still not grouped, still not actually fighting.
I have one current mission "Recruitment Status Report for Lady DeWinter" step 1/4.
Current level is 1/0/0.
Can you be more explicit with the sort of information you'd like to have?

Update: Still NOT getting free combat xp on my JD, as before. Not trying other characters (deleted most), TT- bugged; PP-bugged previously, not checked today; JD - not bugged. Edited by ech09

Hmm. I'd love too, but every time I try to take a screenshot ("take a picture" command), the game crashes. (possibly related? my kb does not have a 'scroll lock' key, so I re-mapped the "picture" command first to 'crtl+\' and then to 'shift+p', using a logitech illuminated kb, ftr)

I've looked to see if a screenie was saved just before the crash, but can't find anything.

So, if anyone has a solution to the screenshot=crash problem, I'd be happy to provide one. (didn't see a solution in a quick forum search)
Or, perhaps one of the other folks who stated above they've had the problem can take a screenie w/o crashing?

Update: found a related thread on the screenshot=crash problem. Will try the solution when servers are back up (assuming this reset doesn't clear the problem, just saw the 5min shutdown message). Edited by ech09

This is no "bug", its memory crap, Stanig.

8K is the max XP you get for a mob that is much higher in level.
I figured that it is affecting every mob getting killed by other mob. Eg lava fang (killed by centuriata), Chavez (killed by RD).

The XP is awarded to the player being on an internal List. Obv. the memory is fubar on the live server so the list is returning ID's from other memory areas.

We need a full(!) server restart (the whole machine), a game-server restart alone wouldnt do it.
I think only KYP is able to do this.

I hope thats it and it works, because the issue is getting pretty widespread. I know of at least four people affected, with three bug reports on it already, and the new one sorta blew my mind, as cap XP being granted to a brand new toon would double ding them to CL2 in one shot.

Okay, screenshot taken and attached, as requested. Hopefully folks recognize the npcs from earth station, and can see that I'm not grouped.

I do hope this is resolved soon, whatever the cause, because at present I can only play my JD. Now, I like my JD just fine, but I'm an altaholic, I get twitchy if I don't change up what character I'm playing on a frequent basis.

Tnx very much, this is helpful.

Question, i see you are just logged in and the XP is not directed TO a group but to a single object (player).
Are these messages only happening right after login or also after playing quiet a while?

Ok, tnx much for this info!

Can you guys report back if/when this happens again?
We had server restart last night (tho i dont know if it was a full machine restart) and the memory problem shouldt be fixed by now.

So far this morning it doesn't seem to be happening. <fingers crossed>

Update @ 10:37AM pacific: Sigh. Started again a few minutes after I logged in, got from Earth station to Somerlad, and then started seeing it. Fangs again. Edited by ech09

Ok, tnx for the update.
We only had a game-server restart last night but obv. we need a full machine restart since the memory of the OS is mad.
Hopefully someone able to do it will do it asap.

I have had this happen on 2 different toons - both brand new. Sometimes I get the message that I just killed something and get 0 XP or get x XP, even though I am docked. I can play for hours and get nothing then all of a sudden I will get 3 or 4 kill messages back to back.

Cope

As of 12:25PM today, I was still having this problem. I remain concerned since a GM suggested that having a character with this problem might cause problems in the sector. I had submitted a ticket/bug report a few days ago, at this point I am wondering if I should submit another one for each character on which I'm experiencing the problem, both previously extant and newly created?

Heya!

The problem is in the server memory and will be fixed with a restart of the machine - which will be soon(tm).

No need for another ticket since we are fully aware of it - just waiting for the Hampster-Feed-Inspecteur-On-Duty :D

Alas, if a machine restart was part of going live, which I suspect was the case, this did NOT fix the problem.
Upon being able to log in today, I created a brand new Terran Scout in slot#5. To my horror, within a minute of logging in with the character, still on the station, ungrouped, I was again receiving "Lava Fang" combat xp.
My first character slot , still a JD (all the beta avatars were present, of course, reset to level zero), is still not having this problem. My assumption, which will remain untested for the time being, is that as in beta, all my other character slots (#2-5) are somehow corrupted in this way.
I'm not sure where to go from here. Perhaps if it is the game account itself that is corrupted the only solution is for me to create another game account? Except that since others are having the same problem....

It was part of going live actually, machine restart had nothing to do with it. The server this runs on is pristine (at least the one you guys play on)

The problem we discovered that's wrecking the login server is also part of this. Its going to keep happening until we resolve that. However, the proverbial that, as we've discovered is an architecture issue that did not bear any fangs until put under the load of having so many people on.