Corpse Timers

Lot

Please can we have the following corpse timers:

For ordinary mobs - 300 seconds.
For BOSS RAID mobs - 3600 seconds.

For a boss raid mob please can a line be echo'd in local chat that says which player looted an item from a boss raid mob corpse with the name of the item.

I believe most mobs are on the 300 second timer at the moment including the controller.

A boss raid mob corpse needs to exist for up to an hour to allow time for looting items from the corpse.

For many reasons it may not be possible to loot the corpse within five minutes anyway. For example: gotta clear the area of other mobs, gotta establish based on the items that dropped who is interested in the loot amongst the players that attended the kill, gotta have time to do that and may be run a lottery may be exchange credits, etc. Needs times to do all this.

We all know about ninja looters. Having the name of the player echo'd in local together with the name of the item that they looted is a failsafe way to identify if items were taken by a ninja-looter. It also keeps everyone honest especially if there are multiple groups attending a raid.

There are no rules against ninja looting. But I think identification is fair for future reference. In live players who ninja-looted were banned from attending raids and joining guilds -- there should be repercussions for bad behavior.

Please share you thoughts and suggestions, thank you.

I agree with extending the timers on boss mobs, maybe not quite that long, say 15 minutes max. In the past you could hold a corpse open for a long time so someone could get to it, has this changed?

I would be ok with looting announcements if they could be toggled on/off. This would get real annoying if it was on all the time. :)

Well it is amazing how quickly time flies -- we've definitely found that 5 minutes is too short. For example, a controller raid we just did we lost the loot because we had to both finish clearing the other spawns and had to talk between us who got the ED beam that dropped. Unfortunately, as I said, time does fly, the ED was still in the corpse when 5 minutes were up.

Holding a corpse open does sometimes keep a corpse longer than five minutes.

But that is a bad mechanic to rely on for a boss raid mob corpse. I think 15 minutes may be too short too for the same reason - time flies. I suggested an hour because that is definitely long enough is most cases to go through whatever is necessary to deal with loot. Especially if there are more than one or two items to deal with. Better for the timer to be too long particularly on a raid boss mob corpse.

Some players may want to make a speciality of ninja-looting perhaps they might form a guild [Ninja Looters, Inc]. Having their name put on local with the item they ninja-looted may perhaps be what they want too for them to gain notoriety. No, I don't agree that it should be toggle-able on and off. It is after all only for raid boss corpses and items looted from those corpses. It would keep everyone honest or dishonest depending on perspectives.

[quote name='Rossdie' timestamp='1347638580' post='63381']
Sleven, an hour was the boss timers in live, that is why it was brought up. I could live with a half hour personally since your not dealing with 30-50 chars on these raids.
[/quote]
Right I can understand that, when your talking about 6 or 7 groups of people and when raids take hours to complete... Most the raids currently can be easily done with 2 groups, some even less. As it stands now the FB takes the longest due to the multiple waves of mobs, it still can be done in under an hour.