Unhandled Exception

When I start Net7 the "Microsoft .NET Framwork" Window opens with following error.
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately."

After I click "Continue" the launcher opens however the "Play" button on lower right always remains subdued and I cannot click on it.

because its not targeting the application. have you already installed the game client? If so you need to click the browse button in th eupper right and target it on C:\Program Files\EA Games\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe (or equivalent for whereever you installed it)

Start > Run.. > Type "%APPDATA%" and click "OK"

From here search for a folder named "LaunchNet7", depending on where that's defined on your system, you may also need to go up one level from %APPDATA% and search again from there. When you find it, delete this folder completely, then start our launcher.

Huh, it is %APPDATA%\Local\ & %APPDATA%\Local\Net7 for me. Seems to exist in both. This is all it should be checking to initialize that system. Might suggest a reinstall forcing the admin option the whole way through.

• 2 weeks later...
Next step. I went to C Drive select to show hidden files and also tried searching using a wild card *launch*. The closest match is the following "C:\Program Files\Net-7". Within that folder there are files called "LaunchNet7" with various extensions (ex cfg) but still no folder called "LaunchNet7".

It might be you have to use this path if you are running Windows XP:
[i]%USERPROFILE%[/i]\Local Settings\Application Data

Thats where my LaunchNet7 is located (WinXP).

You might want to simply re-install the Net7 Launcher and [b]make sure[/b] you accept all setting/pathes the installer recommends by default.

Also the Net-7 folder should not be under "Program Files", better on the C: drive main path ( C:\Net-7) - at least it was like this when i installed it ago a few years, since there were hardcoded pathes in.
Dont kow if this is still the case.

There aren't hardcoded paths, my installer intentionally puts in the respective Program Files directory for the machine. This is perfectly fine and is where I run mine from. What is the error you are seeing now? Please provide as much detail or screenshots as you can.

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry to hear that, while we do hear of some with trouble it seems more often than not people that follow the FAQ @ net-7.org completely from scratch are able to reach it.