Hdc Skill Seems To Be Off

Ryle

According to a numbers crunch in a thread seen here [url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/7431-hull-patch-overpowered/page__st__40"]https://forum.enb-emu...ed/page__st__40[/url]
between myself and Zackman, Ive come to the conclusion that how it is advertised to work, and how it is actually working, are not matching.

Zackmans math came to the conclusion that HDC of 150 should yield a 75% reduction, and my math came to the conclusion that it should yield 60%

However, in some raw damage tests testing the 200% skill based tier 5 HDC of the Terran Enforcer class, I was getting damage numbers of 80(-41) with 0 deflects which tells me that at 200 HDC alone a TE is only receiving a 33 percent reduction in hull damage sustained. This is less than half of what Zack calculated for an even lower percent of HDC (I was actually testing whether the bastion shield added to it, which it did not, confirming it is in fact broken, but in the meantime I stumbled across this as well)

On further testing I determined that with deflects of 50, damage becomes something more like 50(-100) which would be a 66 percent decrease in damage sustained (deflects count for 50, so with both deflects and 200% HDC, youre only getting about a 16% return on an advertised 200% skill, which shouldnt that be more like half of half of half for an 82.5% overall reduction, deflects plus HDC?)

Id suggest a look at the HDC skill and how it is calculated, because according to what I am testing, it is not coming out anywhere near what it has been advertised to be doing. Edited by Ryle

Those numbers floating up from the shield bar are confusing when hull damage is being taken ... may be you should look at the damage to a hull that has no hull damage control may be that will provide an insight. Shield deflects apply just to damage taken by shield. Only HDC affects what damage the hull takes. HDC is like layers of ablative armor, for each 100% of HDC you get a layer that reduces damage by 50%.

100% HDC = 50% damage resist
200% HDC = 75%
300% HDC = 87.5%

So 150% would be midway between 50 and 75 = 62.5%.

Yes buffs to HDC from Invincible Bastion and other equipment have been confirmed not working months ago, or is it years now? Bug report was added to the pile of bug reports and included in feedback for adocates to report. Unfortunately, like so many bugs there has been no progress on fixing them and over time additional players take notice of the same bugs again.

Of course it may be that a developer had implemented additional HDC from equipment buffs but then disabled it because too powerful. I have a feeling that may have happened somewhere along the line. Some other effects got disabled for the same sort of reason like critical targetting. For HDC it may be that the effects on equipment have too high numbers that may be ought to be reduced. The bastion shields for example.

Huh? Why a 2nd thread Ryle?

Anway, HDC wasnt disabled by intention and is in the fix now (HDC buffs as well like Bastion & co.)

The formula used will the corrected one, so damage = damage / (1+modifier).
if you got 250% HDC from skill (PW) and Bastion with 150%, you got 400% total (that is 4.0f in the code).

Lets say incoming damage to hull is 10K.
10K / (1+4) = 2000 damage effectively done to the hull.

That seems fair enough Zackman, I was perhaps thinking how live did it and forgotten how differently the emulator did it instead. The formula seems pretty fair. If equipment HDC works for professions without damage control skill that will be good. Might look forward to seeing more hull tanking groups.

Guess someones gonna lock this thread seeing as the other one says everything about HDC.

:)

Ya, its a nice diff. now when you have the bastion equipped and 400% HDC - just tested it with GOBB (he hits uber hard normally).
When it was like 2-3 shots for the hull, he needs now 4-5 shot.

Now the term "tank" becomes a meaning again - a L56 Tengu (Black Death) needs LONG to go through your hull again, thats how it should be.