Buy Back Item Option

Muhir

After accidentally selling an item to a vendor (same graphic as normal vendor material), I submitted a ticket to a GM in hopes of getting the item restored. "Sorry, once its gone its gone" was the response. Kind of harsh, but whatever.

Because of the huge number of items in game that share the same graphics as other items, I would like to see a buy back option installed to vendors. If the response I received is typical, then we should either have a revamping of graphics to avoid duplication or the ability to buy back items sold to a vendor.

I am a little peeved at the loss of this item, it was one of the items from hulkapalooza and can't be replaced. If the reason that a GM did not restore the item is because of the nature of the item, then that's one thing. But, at least according to his response, "Sorry, once its gone, its gone" sure seems to indicate to me that any item vendored is irretrievable. If it is irretrievable, then it only makes sense to have a buy back option or at the vary least the graphics altered to not resemble common trash. Edited by Muhir

you are right about it being part of the hulkfest loot,the decision on what wasnt removed was to let it ride but once its gone its gone.
the same rule goes for the items you sell to a vender.
i have done the same thing myself and had no one to blame but me for not paying attention to what i was doing, in a hurry and went on the picture instead of what it actually was.
a buyback option is in game but for sold pm items only and only at the quartermaster.

Then why not simply say that in your response email you sent me? "Sorry, once its gone, its gone" gives the impression that there is no recourse for any item, not just a particular item. It would have kept me from posting a suggestion here.

Well, is there a way to add a "final" warning in big red letters or something to capture the individual's attention before he/she sells an item on accident? Can this be implemented for items like the Plague's Bite for instance which shares the same icon as some of the vendor trash?

You could petition a GM in Live. You usually got 1 item restored per toon and that was it. I like the idea of being able to enable/disable a 'Are you sure you want to sell this' message prompt when selling unique or 200% gear.

The old way of organizing loot also helps prevent this from happening. All gear you use goes all the way on the right. If you use ammo this goes just to the left. All loot to the left of that. This action has prevented me from vendoring a ton of gear that I didn't want to.
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
I can understand IF this was a Pay to Play game, but come on, it's free

The onus is on us ' the player ' to watch what we sell, not ask for a replacement because ' we ' couldn't be bothered to take that extra couple of seconds to check the item before selling it

And saying it was an accident, yea right, ' you ' pushed the button, no-one else did or forced you