Team Vault And Daily Charges

Fantastic! I do have one question in regards to the vaults. I realize that at this time there is an "abundance" of credits, but the daily charges appear to hit twice daily when there is a server restart.

Received
System mail Net-7 TeamVault: Your vault has been charged with daily fees 31-07-2012 @ 04:00:00
System mail Net-7 TeamVault: Your vault has been charged with daily fees 30-07-2012 @ 01:00:00
System mail Net-7 TeamVault: Your vault has been charged with daily fees 30-07-2012 @ 04:00:00
System mail Net-7 TeamVault: Your vault has been charged with daily fees 29-07-2012 @ 01:00:00
System mail Net-7 TeamVault: Your vault has been charged with daily fees 29-07-2012 @ 04:00:00
System mail Net-7 TeamVault: Your vault has been charged with daily fees 28-07-2012 @ 01:00:00
System mail Net-7 TeamVault: Your vault has been charged with daily fees 28-07-2012 @ 04:00:00
System mail Net-7 TeamVault: Your vault has been charged with daily fees 27-07-2012@04:00:00
System mail Net-7 TeamVault: Your vault has been charged with daily fees 26-07-2012 @ 01:00:00

ACK this looked so much better when I copied it over. But it didn't post very clearly. The point is that on the 27th, 28th, and 29th, my vaults were charged their daily fees twice it appears. The question that remains is this just going to happen because of the nature of the restarts? Are they even linked to a restart? Or is this Slayers way of getting back at me for pickin' on the Brits? Edited by Muhir

Muhir, can you please post the messages as screenshots here plz, since i cannot see these mail being sent twice to you [b]PER VAULT TOON[/b] (checked DB).
I can see that you have more than one vault and you get charged per vault (but only once) per day.

Looks correct to me?

Please check the Mailbodys for the name of the vault getting charged.

[img]http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq37/enmort/MVVault.jpg[/img][img]http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq37/enmort/LarryVault.jpg[/img][img]http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq37/enmort/JunkVault.jpg[/img]

Here are the three vault toons that I have currently in play. Now, to be fair, i have not checked to see if the funds have been removed as would be indicated by the received "system mail." I will monitor Muhirvault as he is an inactive character and his credit supply is is static.

Tnx for the screenshots!

It seems to me that 3 different toons got charged (3 diff. inboxes) which would be correct.
If you open the diff. mails and see the name of the vault toon being charged (its in the mail body), you should be able to see that the charging was for different vault tonns.

To be fair...i know this already since i have checked the protocols - but i think its important you check it as well so you know all is correct.

Kewl, zack, thanks for the explanation. I wasn't sure, and it was confusing because of all the messages. I did read the individual emails and for example:
This one is time stamped 01:00 hrs

[img]http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq37/enmort/Junkemail1.jpg[/img]

And this one is time stamped 04:00 hrs
[img]http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq37/enmort/Junkemail2.jpg[/img]

If these are duplicate messages or something like that, then its very confusing. Also, if these are as you say crossed over for the multiple vaults, then there should be three messages per day (one for each vault) and not two.

I could care less about the credits, so no big deal there, but you all say "test" this stuff and report. Hence, I am testing and reporting. :D

The one you labelled "This one is time stamped 01:00 hrs" shows 04.00 as a timestamp in the header on your screenie?

[quote]
Hence, I am testing and reporting[/quote]

All good, appreciated - i just want to iron out if you are ..."distracted" ( :lol: ) or im blind...since DB shows u only got one mail per vault.
We get it, no doubt :thumbsup:

Ok, i think i can see the problem...the timezone.
I need to check the cron job again, it might be that there is a timezone problem, putting the execution after midnight, with alrdy the "new day". I come back and report....

BTW, if there is a bug, you get refunded of course - since this isnt your fault!

gah lol here's the right one: 01:00 Time stamp

[img]http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq37/enmort/junkemail3.jpg[/img]

and for the record i put exactly 5,000,000 credits on muhirvault. I can now track the flows from him so there can be no doubt. Also, really, credits, please, i honestly could care less if there was a problem or not in that regard. Edited by Muhir

Heya Muhir,

problem is found:
I just saw/see one record for each vault because i selected them by timestamp, which is translated on my local machine to my timezone (GMT). The second job was showing on the next day for me, thats why i only saw on job that day.

I looked up the protocol completely and can see you (and others) got charged twice and we will refund - i will be soon ingame, need to get the correct sums quick.

Thanks [b]MUCH[/b](!) for pointing this out as it helps eleminating bugs:)
Its fixed already (we added an additional check if a deduction took place already within the last 24h, so it doesnt matter if the cron job is executed twice a day).

Sorry for not seeing this earlier (reason above) !

Worry not, I am sure I'll keep finding more entertaining items in the future.......

Joeboo is about to enter into the second stage of Agrippa Technology.

Zack, ya'll may just wanna gimme Byakhee's phone number so I can bug him direct. :P