Unable To Get Past Login Screen-Invalid Login

Hi Guys

Having trouble at login screen.
Has worked wonderfully for months but now most of the time I get an error message
" Sorry, your login does not appear to be valid. Try again using the default launcher ;). ".
OK button causes me to go back to the desktop.

The funny thing is I sometimes get in OK so user name @ password is correct.

Have reinstalled Net-7 launcher & allowed it to update but this has not solved the problem.

Problem has been going for about a week now.

Yes it is on sunrise.net-7.org atm saying online-109. I tried the dev server but did not get the message on a blue error message pop up as I am on sunrise.
Thanks for the info though.
Going to bed now (Australia) will check in the morning.

Hi this is an update to login problem.
This is from enb_client.txt file showing a logon error and the message that I get on the login screen.

LOGIN:INF: 05/14/12 11:30:47:Fetching EA.Com ticket.
LOGIN:INF: 05/14/12 11:30:50:EA.Com ticket fetched.
LOGIN:WRN: 05/14/12 11:30:51:GlobalErrorPacketClass recv: 1459617792 : 22 : Sorry, Your login does not appear to be valid. Try again using the default launcher ;).

I have tried reinstalling all files from scratch with no results.
I am running out of things to try.

This message is generated from the server thinking you are trying to login with something else but the regular launcher.

Can you please right-click the LaunchNet7.exe and read ...

a ) the version of the file (should be 1.9.9.11)
b ) the size of the file (should be 257.536 bytes)

[quote name='Cosmic' timestamp='1336996752' post='57938']
was hoping it was wrong
[/quote]

Me too :lol:

I know there was a similar problem here in the past...but i cant remember the solution.... :o
Try search or even manually reading the board, this popped up already and it was solved.

Sorry not able to help more from distance...

Well I have read & tried everything I can find still cannot fix problem.
Went to my wifes laptop installed Net7 with unified installer ( Enb already installed earlier).
Tried to logon and got same error message as before.
"Sorry, Your login does not appear to be valid. Try again using the default launcher ;)."

So I have run out of options any other idea's I will can try.

Hi !

I miss the line "Got the Avatar list packet".

Dumb question....:
Did you create a game account via the net-7.org portal ?

[i][b]Edit, disregard:
You did play already in the past, not a new player...i just reread first posting.[/b][/i]

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys

Just thought I would post a bit more information see if any more ideas to try.

Both my PC and my wifes laptop get the same error message as my previous message .
Both are running Windows7 64bit.
Both connecting vai a Wifi to a Telstra Next g (3g ?) network device which allows for 5 network connections to mobile broadband on telstra.internet.

Today I took the laptop to my sisters place to try access using her ADSL broadband network bit still connecting to it via laptop Wifi and had no problem
logging into and using Enb.

No changes were made to the Laptop.

Seems this login error is something to do with maybee the 3g connection and Windows7 connection but this worked Ok until April and then intermittently I got this error.
After a while I could not get in at all. Was this about the time of the server upgrade ?.

Also it seems the server connects as it asks for my name & password and then fails.
I have no problem getting Updates to Net-7 launcher.

If you need more info I will try to help as it seems a few people are having this same error.

Ps: I have been trying to connect nearly every day hoping to play.

Cheers
Cosmic

Yeah, wireless connections have proven to be a serious problem in the past, I don't know if that's been solved or not. Can you link up via LAN physical line and try a login just to check?

Hi Kyp

Thanks for the Reply.

My router (mobile Broadband) I have found is a ZTE MF60 which is Telstra (Australia) Branded.

Thats what I tried in my last post was to go to my sisters place who has landline (physical) Telstra ADSL router. The connection worked perfectly from my laptop WiFi connected via her modem.
So after this I assume my PC / Laptop settings are fine.

Also this does not explain why my PC/Zte MF60 worked fine for many months before I started having this problem.

Why would I be able to get updates to Net7 launcher contact sunrise server OK but then fail the logon attempt ?

From File enb_client.txt which I assume is from the Sunrise server

LOGIN:INF: 06/28/12 06:12:20:Fetching EA.Com ticket.
LOGIN:INF: 06/28/12 06:12:22:EA.Com ticket fetched.
LOGIN:WRN: 06/28/12 06:12:23:GlobalErrorPacketClass recv: 1459617792 : 22 : Sorry, Your login does not appear to be valid. Try again using the default launcher ;).

Don't know if you get a server error at the same time (which appears to be your time as it is just before 1700 hrs 06/28/12 here) as my message received above.

If you have and idea's on trouble shooting methods I am willing to try them.
Also I can play with Router settings if they may help but do not your server type & connection Protocol etc.
I have read some modems have problems contacting some VPN networks etc.
I can also post my router settings if that would help.

Cheers
Cosmic

Something about your game client doesn't mesh if you got that message. You didn't attempt to modify it did you?

Beyond that I can't really suggest much as I don't do much in the way of troubleshooting it, just build it and make it work as best I can. :)

I wish I could offer more, you might try visiting our teamspeak and seeing if someone can help you get back in around there.

Also to answer your question, because the launcher is doing a simple ping against the server, basically. try pinging sunrise.net-7.org and tracert to it, send back the results, that might help to see where your breakdown is if there is one on your side.

Might also suggest you delete LaunchNet7.exe & Net-7 Proxy.exe and let the system replace them via the patching mechanism as like I said with the warning you posted above, it thinks something has been modified in these files.

I'm having the exact same problem now, and it just started tonight. I was playing yesterday on the same system just fine, and there have been no updates or changes to my files..

The ONLY change that has occurred between then and now is my location. I'm logged in over a public network at the hospital. (using Win7 32bit) - I tried changing the network status to home-based instead of a public network, no change.

Also tried uninstalling & reinstalling & repatching the client and emulators, but still the same thing. Password invalid, "try using the default launcher", and it even gives me the silly little winky-smiley face. Not sure what's up with that, but I'm stumped and cannot get my EnB fix! :(

I will have Tienbau look into it and see if there's a problem with this, the message is a means we have of checking for Launchers that don't belong to us to prevent cheats/hacks and unsavory behaviors.

Hi Kyp

Same software works fine from my sisters place ADSL broadband so LaunchNet7.exe & Net-7 Proxy.exe must be Ok . I have not modified anything just reinstalled many times now.

From another post with the same problem they mentioned Process Explorer so I downloaded it.

Checking Net7proxy.exe I get :

Tcp rick-pc :3500 rick-pc:0 listening
Tcp rick-pc :3801 rick-pc:0 listening
Udp rick-pc :51655 *.* (this port seem to very with each attempt) have had :51655 :51808 :52876

Ckecking client.exe

TCP rick-pc:49744 74.208.192.215:3805 ESTABLISHED

u15438806.onlinehome-server.com 3805 (Tracert gets me to this same address somewhere near Kansas City USA)

[font=Arial][size=2][b]TraceRoute to 74.208.192.215 [font=Arial][size=2][u15438806.onlinehome-server.com][/size][/font][/b][/size][/font]

Cheers Edited by Cosmic

Cosmic, can you go into your router setup, wireless config and check for a parameter called "MTU". See if its set to 1500 or 1492 and change it to 1400 for a test plz.
If this wont help, set the MTU back to its original value.

A last ditch then would be to get a programm called "SG TCP Optimizer" (Google) and have it running once, do a restart after it made changes.
This tool will analyze registry for wrong TCP/UDP setting and will correct them.

Hi Zackman

Could not find MTU setting on Netgear Wifi unit but SG TCP Optimizer said it was set to 1500.
I dowloaded "SG TCP Optimizer" used it to set MTU to 1400 Rebooted and tried to log in with the same result as before.
Then I ran Sg TCP Optimizer with it's Optimal settings Rebooted and tried again with the same result as before.

So still no luck but thanks for the idea's it is worth trying anything to sort this out.

Cheers
Cosmic

Hi Guys

I have found out the way the 2 different Telstra services work maybee this will help.

Telstra ADSL bigpond broadband uses Static IP addressing.

Telstra Mobile 3G broadband uses NAT tables to allocate Dynamic IP addresses.

I guess the request for Net-7 proxy version is being blocked by the NAT firewall if it is sent out on a different PORT to what the NAT translation table has for the outgoing call from my PC to the your server.

As your server does not get an answer from me it thinks I have the wrong version number and brings up that error message.

From the previous post Using process explorer I was Listening on ports 3500 & 3801.
Client.exe shows 74.208.192.215:3805 so assume this is port3805 the request is sent on.

Maybee ther is no way of getting around this NAT problem.

I am not a network guru but have been doing a bit of reading this week. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I love the challenge.

Cheers
Cosmic

• 2 months later...
Has this issue been given a solution? My one pc works fine my other is having this same issue. Was working fine yesterday. Didnt change a thing.

Got it fixed all I did was uninstall net-7 then re-install and update. Works fine now Edited by pepsico81

• 1 month later...
No this issue is not fixed. I did go to my sisters on the weekend & played for a couple of hours which was great. But it still does not work from my place since the net-7 authentication was applied to the net-7 server as this does not work on Mobile Broadband.

I am greatfull for all the surgestions so far but still would love to play again.

Thanks again
Cosmic

I now have the same problem on my laptop, was working fine using my Galaxy as mobile internet now all I get is the same message as stated in earier posts

Haven't tried hooking into lan at home, thats next

• 2 weeks later...
Same problem, asking for default launcher (using Telstra)

Laptop loaded EnB from home using wireless to my router, game works played for a day, moved laptop to wirrabara Library (I run the Library) and using my galaxy s2 on 3g and h/h+ and no go, cannot play after name and p/w verified

Now asking committee if they will install internet for 'educational' use by members :) (I have had 8 computers donated to the library)