Fold Space/summon Range

I was wondering if we could double the actual range for max fold space and summon enemy from 6.5k to 13k or 15k. The reason for this request is pretty simple as fold space is used to escape damage from a mob when being overwhelmed. Most notably once your PSI shield has failed and you need to get out of range of mobs to recast PSI shield, or recharge reactor.

Folding only 6.5k doesn't necessarily mean you fold 6.5k away from a mob. For example a mob is 2.5k away from you - you use fold space and it plops you 4k away from the mob. That still leaves you within range of beams, ml or pl of most high level mobs. Fold space should be able to teleport you far enough away to escape damage. It would be most helpful in a group doing a raid when things go bad, the JD could fold away and use summon friendly group to pull everyone to safety, regroup and heal, and go back at the mob. As it is now - 6.5k will not get you out of danger. Even using Area Teleport will not get the entire group out of danger. I know these were the values in Live but as I have been told many times. This isnt live :) So let's make Fold Space actually useful.

I would like to hear from hard core JDs on what they think - none of you part time ten'shao with a PW main either :)

[quote name='Algaron' timestamp='1334855467' post='56904']
Folding only 6.5k doesn't necessarily mean you fold 6.5k away from a mob. For example a mob is 2.5k away from you - you use fold space and it plops you 4k away from the mob.
[/quote]

Don't fold space towards the enemy when your trying to escape. JD's get a directional teleport unlike the JE/JS.
6.5k + 2.5k = 9k, more than enough outside of raids.

I think some better equipment choices with buffs to the FS skill would be nice instead of modding the skill. I don't necessarily think that the range needs to be doubled.

As a JE the teleport self skill was a nice "oh crap im gona die" button at low levels, it only sent you 5k out but was enough to cast the lowbie 7 second cloak.

At high levels the same skill is kinda useless and not worth a spot on my shortcut bar, it would be nice to get the improved fold space buffs boosted a bit so that the "oh crap im gona die" button can become more useful by throwing you further out.

Well I was actually referring to Teleport Self which all Jenquai get which would benefit your JE/JS. There is no direction on Teleport Self tho and Directional Teleport is also only useful to High level JDs not lower level JDs without it and who would benefit the most from a greater fold space distance.

Yes perhaps going the route of better equip buffs and not modding the Skill would be acceptable. However there really isnt much choice for a Max JE - the only real option is an Europa 9 reactor. But even a Lepus 9 only gives around 1k extra range. Even turning 180 using Area Teleport on the group with a Lepus 9 would get my group 7-8k away from Ten-Gu in Fish Bowl - and those mobs don't stop chasing you. So Fold 3 times and Summon group. By that time the rest of your group are dead.

Exactly my point, I wouldn't use the Europa 9 reactor because it has Worsen Beam Handling as a debuff, and if I'm using Projectiles, I need a HoDO Reactor for Range/40% turbo, so I can't use it in those circumstances either (there aren't many buffs for Jenquai PL skill, range, handling). The Engines with the FS buff all have high signatures, which isn't good for a race that survives by not being seen. The Lepus would be nice, but only JW can use it, and it takes up a valuable device slot something a JW really can't spare. The only beams that have the buff are energy beams, and none of them are L9, and most Jenquai aren't going to use the Projectile weapons with that buff because Jens only get PL8.

I'm thinking in terms of the buff on new pieces of equipment not seen before. Perhaps there could be some buffs that improve range and others that improve skill. The key is to put the buff on pieces of equipment that a Jenquai would actually want to use.

Correct. Not much choice to increase fold space range (not to mention increase summon range for a JD), so back to my original suggestion of increasing the actual skill range for all Jenquai in lieu of creating a completely new equipment line.

The developers already will have to make new equipment over time anyway, so I see no reason that they shouldn't consider putting FS or Summon buffs on some of that equipment. The JT as well as the PT and Scout will require that the devs make new equipment, and new effects to make the classes all needed, some of that JT equipment can have FS buffs on it. New equipment will also be needed so players have something new to find, and builders have something new to print, without that an element of the game will stagnate.

Since over time new equipment is necessary for this type of MMORPG, I don't really see a problem with putting that buff on some of said new equipment that's designed for Jenquai.

Well with a JD only having 4 devices slots I would need to swap in a lepus or another new device the Devs will create. That would mean keeping in my GreaseMonkey 9 limiting me to only 3 usable devices slots. (Mind you I rarely take out my GM9 at any rate) So hopefully devs will create a reactor or beam I could use instead of making yet another device I would need to use. A new device would be fine for a 6 slot JE but not so great for JDs. And thats just for the Fold Space range, not even considering increase in Summon. I still think just adding more range to the skills would be the best option.

I agree there Algaron, I like to see various buffs spread across multiple types of equipment. Gives players more options on how to configure their ships. I do think that there should be some buffs that are more common than others, based on race, class, or profession, but I think that generally things that are specific to any particular race, that race should have options in how they should get said buffs.

Yea I have been playing around with Fold space as of late. I have max fold space and a L9 lepus installed with an increased distance of +1300 @ 200%. Its kind of useless except for the Scan boost and the Weapons Damage control.
At 200 % level 9 the Lepus is like four skill levels worth of distance (300 distance per skill level)
[url="http://enbarsenal.com/item/view_item.php?id=2492&type=11"]http://enbarsenal.co...id=2492&type=11[/url]

Other ways that it could be improved is:
1) Shorten the activation time to "Instant" either by changing the skill or making the devices installed do this.
.... Right now the Fold space time is approximately 5 to 5.5 seconds from activation to reappear

2) Cause the NPC to loose Target. Like a temporary cloak, NPC will stop firing and would have to reaquire target.
Their in route ammo and Beams would go sailing into the distance and not hit the player.

3) A duel buff L3 thru L9 device with Fold space as the primary buff with distance increase to +3500
improved Fold space and Improved cloak or energy leech or Beam Energy Conservation or Improved shield leech or Enhanced Environmental shields. ;)