Question About Weapons With Faster Than 1 Second Reload.

I'm playing a progen warrior with 0.6 second weapons. I've noticed that I tend to get server lag upto 5 seconds when I start shooting. I've tryed other weapons with slower reloads and the lag seems to go away.

As a progen warrior our main weapons will be extremely fast firing weapons at max lvl. Is this going to be a problem for progens and should I just make a Terran Enforcer?

I've also noticed that the game seems to only fire every 1 second, and makes up for the difference by shooting 2 shots every couple of reloads. I suspect this is the cause of the huge lag issues while shooting. Client side my guns ARE shooting and using the ammo, I've tested a single weapon firing alone and counted the shots fired with what I see on screen. The AMMO is being used but I can't tell if the server is actually hitting the mob with the extra ammo also.

If it is, then the lag issue is all that needs to be addressed.

If it isn't then there seems to be no point of progressing as a PW until it's fixed.

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM?

I dunno about lag issues per se, hadn't had it reported but the 2 shot thing is a compromise (or was previously) to handle making up for the fact that we had trouble firing faster than one second in our code without it causing problems at least at one point.

Also, long time no see. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Not seeing lag with my Progens. However there may be a different, intended, game effect that you are seeing that is not lag. To get a .6 second firing PL you are probable using a higher level PL that fires very quickly but fires lower level ammo. Lower level ammo will miss more especially on higher level mobs (around your level). You will see a lot more damage done, due to higher damage ammo and lower miss %, if you move to a PL that has higher level ammo.