Very Strange Issue With Two Clients On One Machine

I experienced some very bizarre issues just a bit ago while running two accounts simultaneously.

Piratus was first logged in avatar. Curis was the second.[list]
[*]Piratus was unable to see Curis; however Curis [i]was [/i]able to see Piratus.
[*]When attempting to open a trade window, the window appeared for Curis, but not for Piratus (I did not attempt to actually trade anything at this point).
[*]While attempting other interactions, I had Curis a group invite to Piratus. The screenshot below is the result of that.
[/list]
[indent=2][attachment=1487:ScreenShot13a.jpg][/indent]
[indent=2]As you can see, it appears as though Curis invited himself to a group.[/indent][list]
[*]At one point, I also sent Piratus outside the station (Arx Magister, if it matters). The screenshot below illustrates what I was greeted with after the loading screen went away.
[/list]
[indent=2][attachment=1489:ScreenShot12a.jpg][/indent][list]
[*]When I logged one account out, I immediately received a message on the other saying that it lost connection to the server.
[/list]
In the end, I uninstalled the Net-7 launcher and the game client. I then reinstalled them both and this mess seems to have cleared itself up, so I'm chalking this up to corrupt files. Given some of the changes that were pushed this morning to the Net-7 Portal site, though, I wanted to post these issues here [i]just in case[/i] there is a small possibility they are related.

Regards,
Curis

Hi Curis!

to me this looks like the Net-7 Proxy got mixed up and packets gone mad.
Obv. the re-installing fixed it.

I figured that sometimes the order of when to start each client is important too, TB made a posting a bit ago named "Running two clients" or something along these lines.

Portal is not related to this since it's "offline" and not communicating with the game server or hooking into client session.

I didn't figure it had anything to do with the Portal. The timing of the whole thing is the only reason that [i]small [/i]possibility even came to mind, which is why I wanted to post about it.

The packets getting crossed was my guess, though I had no idea what could have caused it. It was almost is if, to some degree, both clients were somehow acting as one. Was very strange. In any case, it's sorted out now.

Thanks for the reply!

the 'ticket' that the server uses to track your login was very probably screwy and thinking it was on the same account. Hard to say but the beachball effect is a corrupt/unavailable asset. That's what happens when something isn't able to be loaded properly.

I remember those days though, early on when a majority of our galaxy looked like a big, dark day at the beach. ;)