Personal Nav Points

Ever find your self traveling the same area over and over?

How about a personal nav beacon that a player could put out to speed up a route.
You could make it purchasable to last a certain time or a "rental" style.
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='BuzzStPoint' timestamp='1333574981' post='56408']
Ever find your self traveling the same area over and over?

How about a personal nav beacon that a player could put out to speed up a route.
You could make it purchasable to last a certain time or a "rental" style.
[/quote]
+1
This is cool. Buy a Beacon or have it as a device that can be made. @200 % it will last longer.
The appilactions for this are many. They can be use as trade routes, Mining locations they can even be used in all battles PvE and PvP.
Wow instead of flying past all the NAVs to get from one gate to another on trade runs fly straight to your Personal NAV beacon/buoy.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Phorlaug' timestamp='1333767606' post='56482']
+1
This is cool. Buy a Beacon or have it as a device that can be made. @200 % it will last longer.
The appilactions for this are many. They can be use as trade routes, Mining locations they can even be used in all battles PvE and PvP.
Wow instead of flying past all the NAVs to get from one gate to another on trade runs fly straight to your Personal NAV beacon/buoy.
[/quote]
I like this idea. I think devices would definately be the way to go here. I'd also make a second line of devices that scans for existing offline beacons so you can replace your personal nav beacons when they run out. Both types should be consumed on successful use.
To prevent expoitation, I think personal nav beacons would also need to have a very low "stickyness" so a lot of personal nav beacons would be required to replace the existing route's with shorter personal versions. This could also depend on level, where a level 1 device would only be good for a destination nav point and couldn't be used as intermediate steps on routes, and level 9 devices could allow for long distances between nav points on routes.