How is rollover XP calculated?

When you reach level 50 (on one of) trade, explore or combat, and you haven't reached 50 on the other two, the pop-up info tells me that 50% went to one and 50% went to the other. I have heard (and I believe) that 100% of the full value of the experience is not split. First it is reduced. I have heard to 80% and some say 50%, and then that amount is split evenly between the other two. I understand the reason why it is reduced, and have no argument with that. I am curios as to how much it is initially reduced.

Also, when you reach level 50 on 2 different XP types, does the experience get reduced twice? Once when it gets diverted between the other two, then again when it gets kicked from the other level 50 onto the remaining XP type that is not yet level 50?

I am looking for an answer from someone who truly knows, not just guessing ;)

Not complaining, just wondering.... :)

to simplify:
example 1: trade=50, combat =25, explore=25 you earn 1k xp in trade. result 1k reduces to 500 xp, splits 250 ea to combat and 250 explore.
example 2: trade=50, combat =50, explore=25 you earn 1k xp in trade. result 1k reduces to 500 xp, can't go to combat or trade, full 500 goes to explore.
example 3: trade=50, combat =50, explore-49.99 you earn 1k xp in trade. result 1k reduces to 500 xp, a bit goes to explore to push it to 50, you ding 150, there after all xp remains at 100% to its type and bar, but Skill Point(s) drop to 1 for each full bar.

During live it was 80% not 50% on the reduction at first, then xp and group dynamics were reformed and a reform to power leveling was instituted, at that time it was reduced to 50%. Here in EMU it was 80% for a while as well, and reduced to 50% as well (believe it was by accident), it was kicked around as to put it to 80% again, but becuase of EMU's excelerated xp track decided to stay at 50%.

Excellerated xp track:
you gain more xp via trade to other players before trade to vendors.
Example: you get a vendor trash item, if you trade straight to vendor you would have gotten say 500 xp, by trading to another player you get 1k xp from that trade, they give it back and you get the credits you would have gotten from the vendor but no futher xp.

you gain more xp via group with other players for combat and explore.
Example: for each player in a group there is a corrisponding "group bonus" in each when you earn xp while in same vacinity while grouped. XP earned is divided by number in group, then a bonus amount is added back, while you would get more xp solo per action, as a group you are doing things faster and easier so xp is added faster.

you gain more xp via each step for a trade between players while refining.
Example: before you refine ores, trade to another player, you get trade xp like the example above, they trade them back, you refine and get whatever xp you would get from the refine, then trade the refined ore once again to another player getting trade xp again becuase its refined now.

In all examples above: If you yourself are not a player with negotiate, trsding your items and having a player who does have negotiate and having them trade to vendor will net you a larger credit return from the vendor. The trade xp from having a TT in group hasn't been fully instituted yet, but when it is, you will get a small amount more TL from a trade than you would without the TT in your group.
  • Upvote 1

Actually I did read it all, before your post script posting. Many thanks for the details. Some of them I knew, but didn't know the reasoning behind them.

Wow, cut in half before applying 25% to each of the two, but I can see all the other ways that there are bonuses that compensate for that.

Good to know Mattsacre :)

[quote name='Mattsacre' timestamp='1321626997' post='48641']
Yes Yes, know it was a wall of text :) but if you wanted the short answer just read the first paragraph. If you want to know WHY read farther down, and if you want to maximize your xp then read it all! :)
[/quote]

Wall of text appreciated :)
You answered questions that I have been curious about and did it in a clear and easy to understand way and in one post :)