Patch notes

Anyone else notice this line in the patch notes?

Added Gender_Required and Skill_Required to possible mission conditions.

Wonder what missions are coming in the future that are only doable by female toons, and which ones will only be doable by male toons. It's interesting that the devs added this possiblity to the game, makes the choice of your toon's gender much more relevant than the last 3 emotes and how other players relate to said toon.

Since most of us have multiple toons, it's may not be such a good idea to have all one's toons the same gender.

I think it was a good addition, what do others think?

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1320083424' post='47866']
Anyone else notice this line in the patch notes?

Added Gender_Required and Skill_Required to possible mission conditions.

Wonder what missions are coming in the future that are only doable by female toons, and which ones will only be doable by male toons. It's interesting that the devs added this possiblity to the game, makes the choice of your toon's gender much more relevant than the last 3 emotes and how other players relate to said toon.

Since most of us have multiple toons, it's may not be such a good idea to have all one's toons the same gender.

I think it was a good addition, what do others think?
[/quote

It is probably a line made for missions. Such as Gender_Required = Female then posts <chat 2> directed more to female toons. "Hey Girly" would be an example and for male it would be "Hey there soldier" for a sexist NPC or such.

Big difference between "Gender" and "Gender_Required" so I don't think its just NPC dialogue.

I think anything that makes the place a more diverse and interesting place shouild be encouraged.

[quote name='Amethyst' timestamp='1320084319' post='47870']
Are there patch notes on the forum? I can't see them....
[/quote]

Hadn't seen them in the forums, only on the screen that comes up when you run the game.

@ Heirku. Curator Gloria Whitley in Mercury Station, asks Jenquai players doing the L30 promo which gender you are, and makes a response based on your answer. Her dialogue in EMU comes across as desperate, like she did in Live. There were 2 differences though, Curator Whitley was an old Jenquai woman in live rather than a fairly cute Terran woman, and the person she was jealous of, Science Officer Sharik, was a cute Terran woman, rather than a Terran man like she is in the emulator.

Guess I'll have to make my mule JE a girl toon, for those missions. Wonder what I'll change his (make that her) name to.

No I only posted them on the Launcher, figure more people see them there anyway. Also, to clarify its for both, but I will (as it is dev perogative to do) be vague and leave it to you guys to figure it out after we start adding them. ;)

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1320102087' post='47876']
No I only posted them on the Launcher, figure more people see them there anyway. Also, to clarify its for both, but I will (as it is dev perogative to do) be vague and leave it to you guys to figure it out after we start adding them. :)
[/quote]

That's good to know, looking forward to seeing it implemented. Good for the game IMO.